Help! formatting and reinstalling OS X on a macbook

jonnystel

4 posts in this topic

ok.. so my computer was insanely slow last night and i just got fed up... put the install disk that came with my computer into the drive.. it was install disk #1.. i set up my startup disk to boot from the cd and restarted my computer... it got me to an installation menu.. and then said this software cannot be installed on this computer.. so i thought it might be a problem with my HD.. i went to the disk utility and formatted my hard drive... then i restarted the computer still booting from the cd.. SAME THING... this software cannot be installed on this computer... now im thinking they gave me the wrong disk at apple.. but i dont know.. is there anything i can do.. to either eject the disk or reinstall OSX on my computer.. please help people i honestly am at the point that i just dont know what to do and im just looking for answers.. thanks in advance!

tried it... no use. still says this software cannot be installd on this computer.... i think i put in my brothers disk cuz they look the same... even tho it should work it might be the problem.. he has a newer macbook but with the same OS X... or is it..... is there a way to manually eject the cd ... so i can put in the correct one if thats the problem.... i tried the O+F+comm+option at startup.. but no use .. i think its the OS that tells it to go the the command prompt.. and i have no OS now on my computer lol. thanks again in advance .. and thanks Hecker for your advice!

tried it... no use. still says this software cannot be installd on this computer.... i think i put in my brothers disk cuz they look the same...
Yes, that will probably be the root of this evil. You need your own DVD.

To eject the DVD, hold down the mouse button once you hear the Mac startup chime, it will force eject the disc in the drive.

hecker