When re-installing OSX, does it.....

Shaithis

3 posts in this topic

I had 10.4.9 running for a while and then added a 8800GTS and tried some of the drivers for it, of course none worked....

I then decided to ressurect my install last night and grabbed the Kalyway 10.4.10 install DVD. Did an install pointing it to the drive where my old install was........it seems to boot up fine but as it enters the gui my monitor goes into power saving and I get nothing on screen.

So, does this mean that an install tries to keep setting (i.e. I need to go in in single user mode and clean out any 8x00 drivers) or have a hit a different issue?

I also have had such problem after some update. My system did't work after it and I decided to upgrade instalation. But it did't work, after upgrade MAC OS X still won't boot. I have used 10.4.8 Jas DVD. So when you trying upgrade your existing system, it seems that setting and other files that breaked your system. does't removed or updated. So you have to manually remove some kext/driver from your system. Yesterday I tryed to install Leopard on my PC. After instalation Leopard does't boot. I have tryed to install Tiger without erasing partition because I have only one partition and some datas on it, but no success. So I have removed all system (all folders System, Library etc. using Terminal) except Users folder because I have my datas in this folder. I will try to install Tiger today evening.

PS: Sorry for my english and for offtop.