start-up. can't get past darwin

perfect_cobalt

3 posts in this topic

hey all,

so i'm new to OSx86 but a mac vet and i've encountered an issues installing OSx86 on an old toshiba a10.

everything seems to install just fine but when i try to boot off the HDD i get darwin doing it's thing and everythig seems normal until the system hangs for about 30 seconds then reboots itself and does it all over again. no error message or anything. i don't even get to the white apple POST screen.

the version i'm working with is 10.4.6

thanks in advance!

sorry but that won't help. see what i get is: Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 494 memory VESA V3.0 15MB (intel 852mg/852mge/855mg/855mge graphics chip VGA BIOSloading HFS file system/library/extensions/... but the text loops SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fast it's impossible to really see anything beyond that and then screen goes black and then it restarts itself and does it all again. also, this is not a dual boot set-up so i don't have a way to actually get the screen shot out of my drive :( pretty pathetic huh? i've reinstalled the os twice and even did the 35-pass disk format thing and i still get the same result*panics and cries*...also, i dunno if this is relevant but when i tried to troubleshoot the problem i tried to use Startup disk in utilities off of the install disk and the only option it would give was to boot from the cd, but when i install the OS it clearly reads the HDD. i'm not sure if that tell you something but i thought i'd mention it