• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
~pcwiz

QE/CI not supported..

3 posts in this topic

Hi,My specs are below in my signature. I am using an ATI Radeon X1650 Pro 512MB PCIe card with OS X and I have installed the Natit X1600 Drivers as well. My monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 740N 17". Apparently, according to OS X, Quartz Extreme and Core Image are not supported. Pic from System Profiler:

Picture_1.jpg

//Why? I have already installed the Natit X1600 series drivers for my card. Without QE/CI, I can't do anyting (iMovie, etc.) Is there any patch or anything I have to load?

PLEEZ help.

Thanks in advance

pcwiz

EDIT: ]I just also tried enabling the QE/CI for my video card using this file in this post:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=412418

EDIT: I also tried the Modbin patch. It screwed up OS X and I had to reinstall.

I am really not willing to flash the BIOS on my card. Isn't there a software based solution?

It worked for me. I did a bunch of things before I got it to work. So I'm not sure which one enabled the QE/CI. Which version of OSX are you using? Your signature lists two. Your video card's device number should be 71C6, right?

Its the Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4iR3 w/ Semthex 8.8.1 kernel. My video card device id is:

0x71c1

According to System Profiler. The card is an ATI Radeon X1650 PRO 512MB PCIe (PCI Express)