Finally got my MacBook Pro in for Repair

macprodan

4 posts in this topic

Took it to Apple Store ( Regent Street ) Today. For a couple of issues, DVD drive not burning no more, and the Case has gaps in the Plastic trim.

He said they would replace the DVD Drive and and if the Top case does not fit on after installation of new Drive will replace it. Strange seeing as he said the drive failure was due the the case being out of alingment and being warped by the Drive.. What actually is it mate. Is the drive was failing as a cause of the case, or the case out of alignment due to the Drive.

I cant understand it and had a big argument about the case gaps, He said its not considered important and not going to replace it as it is only cosmetic, (cosmetic on a 1300 quid computer) but it will be replaced if it wont go back together. He ordered a New drive and Case, so hopefully the technician will replace both Well I hope so. He noted the Case Gaps and said if it gets worse and fall to bit will replace even out of warranty. Yeah like its gonna fall apart.

photo1vx8.jpg

All in all, I cant call Him an Apple Genius. More like an Ass. I feel a long email coming on headed towards Apple.. I didn't pay all that money for a beautiful computer to look {censored} in a few months and have nothing be done about it...

Back, in less than 4 hours, Good as new. New Quiet Drive Same Crappy Matsuhita doh and a spanking new Top Case no worn mouse track pad and a quiet mouse button With no Gaps in the case, and no Bits in the speaker holes. a tiny scratch near a screw hole and slight misalingment of case at The rear, but ill sort that my-self.

Happy Chappy here.

I don't want to thread jack, but... I think im going to anyway :wacko:

I had an iBook that had one of the faulty logicboards that gpu would fall off of after a while. The thing had about 8 replacements and on the last one the fit and finish of the notebook was terrible from being taken apart so many times. Apple would not do anything about it. They gave me the attitude that they were replacing my logic board and should be happy for them even doing that. And that my friends is why I now have a ThinkPad.. Friggin beast of a notebook.

Glad you atleast got yours sorted out though, mate... Good to hear someone has some luck.

Yeah, appears they do not give a damn about the finish. and as long as it works we should be happy.. I have just notice the keyboard has not been put back perfect.

Rather than risk them doing it I am going to sort the minor things myself. at leat I will take my time and do not have dozens to do in a short space of time, hence them not caring.