The famous "com.apple.boot.plist not found" problem...

akronut

3 posts in this topic

Hey all!

I thought I'd give this thing a chance yesterday so I tried to boot my osx86 installation dvd but all I got was the "com.apple.boot.plist not found" error message as soon as it started booting from the DVD. I've searched this forum and google for hours and read anything relevant and came up with nothing useful. Some had this problem due to IDE DVD drives and I'm on a SATA. Some say its probably the DVD that was faulty but I've burned the image using both NERO and Alcohol 120 with the same results.

I got the following specs:

ASUS P5B DELUXE P965

INTEL CORE DUO 2.13

ASUS GEFORCE 7300GT

SAMSUNG SPINPOINT 500GB SATA

OPTIARC DVD-RW AD-7173A SATA (I'm guessing this is the problem?)

I'm using "Kalyway DVD 10.4.10 wit 8.10.3 kernel IntelSSE3 only"

Any suggestions, hints or anything really, as I'm stuck.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I've run into that problem a few times ..

An odd request - Disconnect the SATA Harddrive and just leave the Sata-DVD installed.. Try to boot from the DVD, and systematically try each of your SATA ports.. On my board, i found it was particular to be on a certain sata-port...

Once you have the Install booting on it's own (make note of any sata ports that do/don't work), then try hooking up your drive as well (port-by-port again) to see if you can get the Install booting /w a drive installed.

Check your BIOS settings as well for SATA/IDE compatabilty settings.

A few things to try there.. when you get it booting off the hard drive, boot with the -f -x -v options..

I think they are Rebuild Cache/Safemode/verbose mode(s)...

If/When it fails to boot, take a screenshot and post it in the forums.. it'll provide enough info that you can get some 'Professional' help. I'm really a noobie when it comes to the internal stuff, but I'm running 10.4.10 w/o issues now.

Fordee