Hackintosh freezes randomly, and every time I launch a game!

Svein_Jarle

5 posts in this topic

First off, pardon the bad language - english is not my mother tongue.

I can start by describing my OS.

I installed JaS 10.4.8 with the Semthex (?) kernel.

Updated with PascalW 10.4.10 update.

Downgraded the kernel to the Senthex 8.8.1 kernel, since my Hackintosh refused to start with any of the other, newer ones.

Replaced the system.kext with the one from 10.4.8.

So, now I have OS X 10.4.10 with the 8.8.1 kernel and system.kext.

My problem is that my computer hangs all of a sudden.

I can browse the web or listen to music, and suddenly - it freezes. The music stops playing immediately, and the cursor hangs.

If I do normal work or web-browsing, it doesn't happen all too often, but I have learned to save often.

When I try to download something via LimeWire or Torrent, I can always count on it freezing in a matter of minutes. Once in a while, it takes longer than other times, but it seems like it hangs when I use more bandwidth than regular browsing.

This is not the only time it hangs. No sir.

It also always hangs when I launch a complex game, such as Redline or Heroes V. Actually, that is the only complex games I've tried to run. Simpler games, such as Kill Monty, The Sims 2, Darwinia and EV Nova, runs without problems.

Well, almost.

In The Sims 2 and EV Nova I experience severe slowdowns, and the choppy animations makes The Sims 2 unbearable to play.

I have Titan installed, and in system profiler it says that I've got QE/CI enabled, and I also get the QE effects in OS X.

I don't know if it's of any interest, but my specs are as follows:

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe (firmware 1016)

AMD X2 3800+ s939

2gb PC3200 DDR RAM (running at DDR333)

Gainward GeForce 7900gt 256mb

...and a whole lot of harddrives...

So, any idea of what is wrong?

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have a problem with 10.5.6 when i try to install skype, amsn , quicktime with .dmg... it looks like it freezes when i tries to mount the image

any solution for this?

I upgraded from 10.5.2 kalyway to 10.5.3 kalyway combo and then 10.5.6 with pre and post patches with vanilla kernel new

• 3 weeks later...
i have a problem with 10.5.6 when i try to install skype, amsn , quicktime with .dmg... it looks like it freezes when i tries to mount the image

any solution for this?

I upgraded from 10.5.2 kalyway to 10.5.3 kalyway combo and then 10.5.6 with pre and post patches with vanilla kernel new

for 10.5.6 DMG panics - just remove the seatbelt.kext from s/l/e and install the 10.5.5 seatbelt kext.

seatbelt.kext.zip