Disk Utility problem - partition not recognized

n0iz3

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

i`m new on the forum and this is my first try at OS X on a PC. until now i`ve just played a bit with OS X and i loved it so much i want to install it to my laptop (Vaio, Centrino 1.6, 512 ddr, Geforce Go 6200).

I`ve downloaded JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.iso , it says Beta V2 when opened.

but i have one problem. When it reaches the Select destination, i go to Disk Utility, select the partition (already formatted to FAT32 and made primary under XP using Acronis), i erase it choosing Mac OS extended (Journaled) and after that nothing happens. I tried it a million times, it just doesn`t work.

i can`t continue because it doesn`t show up in the destination box.

can someone please help me ?

thanks

i want to dualboot.. I have one partition with XP, primary and active, one for various stuff, and one i reserved for OS X, which is 20GB.

i`ll try to create a new partition without formatting and see if it works.

i am using 10.4.9 by uphuck and i have a similar problem installing to my internal laptop hdd, i tried installing it on external USB hdd and it works...except i would rather install it on my internal hdd... any info on why i am unable to view my partitioned hdd in the disk utility during install