"Bomfile Error 2: No such file or directory" while installing os x

turkeydog

5 posts in this topic

During installation, i get " bomfile error 2: no such file or directory" and "unable to copy package source file /system/installation/packages/basesystem.pkg/contents/.... to desination reciept /volumes/untitled/osinstallationmpkg...blah blah..

Installation crashes during the 1st part of installation, and asks me to restart.

The dvd drive i am using is a lite-on sohw-1673s and updated firmware from here:

http://www.liteonit.com/global/index.php?o...r&Itemid=75

Installation crashes during the 1st part of installation, and asks me to restart.

I used this dvd drive to install os x previously, i dont see why i am having problems this time around....and its driving me nuts. HELP PLZ

Acually, i used the same dvd to install osx on my inspiron 700m, and everything worked fine. So i dont think its the dvd...any other ideas? I read a little more in the installation log and found these errors:

"pref light [139]: cp:/volumes/osx/provate/etc/cups/cupsdiconf: no such file or directory...."

"install failed: some files for base system may not have been written correctly"

Acually, i used the same dvd to install osx on my inspiron 700m, and everything worked fine. So i dont think its the dvd...any other ideas? I read a little more in the installation log and found these errors:

Doesn't necessarily mean anything as dirty media can happen between reads and drives' reading capabilities vary greatly.

Better to be 100% sure first. Process of elimination is always the best way to diagnose problems.

Can you also exactly state when the installer is failing? (On initial loading, after you pick install options and it is installing, after everything is installed and it is doing setup, etc...)

the installation fails after installing the first set of components...I get passed choosing my custom installation method and even the disk verification process. About 20-30% into the installation "installing base system components" is where it fails.