A little bit of audio help if possible

antz191

5 posts in this topic

Hey, i recently got mac os x working on my laptop (toshiba satellite pro 1410, yeah old i know but i had to find it a use :D ) with the jas 10.4.8 installation. I managed to fix the video (geforce problems) and the network card. Now i have tried to fix the audio and and am stumped, i have been looking around the forums for about three nites and havn't found anything now i'm just asking for a little bit of help if it is possible.

The card itself is inbuilt into the laptop "AC'97 audio controller", however in the system profiler it says "No Built-in Audio."

I have no sound coming out of the speakers

Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance

Ant

does anyone have anyidea on how to get the audio card detected or just getting it to work?

please any help would be greatly appreciated

also is it possible to install the open gl onto the system (geforce 4 toshiba go graphics card)

ty

i'll give it a little bump and may need to give up on it, does anyone have any alternate solutions to the problems?

if anyone can shed some light on this it would be great, is the soundcard incompatible full stop or can it be rewritten to work

thanks again

i'll give it a little bump and may need to give up on it, does anyone have any alternate solutions to the problems?

if anyone can shed some light on this it would be great, is the soundcard incompatible full stop or can it be rewritten to work

thanks again

Perhaps your hardware ID needs to be patched into the ac97 kext. Try out different ac97 kexts. The Jas 10.4.8 one works great on my ac97 based system.