How to work around SATA Hard drive?

7 posts in this topic

It's a dell dimension e521 CTO

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2ghz

1.5gb DDR2 RAM

250gb SATA HDD

nVidia nForce 430/410 chipset mobo

nVidia GeForce 7300LE graphics

I've been looking at enclosures and from video editing i know that firewire is much better, but would a usb enclosure be a decent enough choice? i only plan on having a hackintosh until i can afford a mac pro (a few months)

i did my install on a usb harddrive first . next i used SuperDuper to copy the 10.4.10 install to my SATA hard drive.the os will not install on my SATA hard drive so i did it that way. works for me -_- i hope this helps
turnmacone, I did the same installation on an external usb drive, but i did noyt know how to read the content of it..if this method works for me your help will be really providential!!thx a lotaleanyway,the problem is that this superduper works for macand so, how can i pass the content of my usb hard drive within windows?

sorry for the stupid question, it's just that i am a super noob at this

but exactly how do i setup up my partition so i can use SuperDuper? i already have a 14gb unallocated active partition that shows up on Windows, now how can i transfer from mac os x to my SATA, since my SATA does not seem to show up on MAC os x