nVidia 7300GS/512MB flash rom?

5 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I'm running OSX86 through VMware and I'm having some trouble with video. Help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a MSI (nVidia) 7300GS/512MB graphics card on a MSI K9N Neo-F motherboard. In OSX it only runs on 1024x768/32. I read that I need to flash the card's rom to be able to use QE/CI and resolution switching, since it's a 512MB card. Problem is, Macvidia is down, and all revelant rom flash pages apparently aren't cached by Google. I do have DiaboliK's Natit kexts installed already (or so I think -- I ran the installer, but System Profiler says that no kext is loaded, also shows no QE/CI support) Any pointers as how to get it to work?

Specs:

AMD Athlon X2 3600+ dualcore supporting SSE2+3. Running Myzar's OSX 10.4.9 (8P2137), kernel 8.9.1 on VMware 6, with 12GB preallocated virtual disk, 1GB RAM designated to VM.

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't read anything along those lines, but it wouldn't be surprising, I guess. But that would mean that I'll have to do a physical install and live with dual-booting - in any case, I'd love to get graphics acceleration to work properly on OSX.