Deadmoo vs. 10.4.3, Intel 945P

25 posts in this topic

I'm building a new computer. The major specs are:

2.8 GHz Pentium D

Gigabyte GA-8I945P-G motherboard (i945 northbridge, ICH7 southbridge)

320 GB Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200KS SATA 3Gbps

eVGA 256-P2-N381 GeForce 6800XT 256MB PCI Express x16

1GB DDR2 667 Dual-channel (2x512)

I've been reading a lot, and the more I read, the more I hear about incompatibility. I have Deadmoo's patched image (tiger-x86.tar.bz2). But is it worth it to get 10.4.3, in terms of compatibility with my rig? I read about having to edit kexts with 10.4.1, but is it necessary to do so for 10.4.3? This isn't a warez request, I'm just trying to see what would offer better support and compatibility with my hardware. If I DO need to edit kexts, how would I do so?

Dude, go get 10.4.3, NOW! You will notice a HUGE speed improvment over the old deadmoo image. Whether you get 8f1099 or 8f1111 is ur choice but it sounds like 8f1111 has reached the stability of 8f1099 (and thats what im using) The only problem with ur rig is ur graphic card. As of right now only ATI 9550+ are working with full CI and QE support.

Wow, thanks for the quick reply! Is there anything extra I have to do to the image in order for it to run with my chipset?

EDIT: I'm downloading the following torrent: Mac OSX x86 10.4.3 build 8f1111 patched with Wesley's patch. In the comment line it says "See http://win2osx.net/wiki/index.php/10-4-3-8...1#Patches" Upon visiting the link, I read this:

This patch will give you Nforce 2/ 3 /4 ATA support and VIA ATA /SATA To boot the dvd and also after the install.

It includes the following patches by maxxuss:

- Kernel Patch v4.2b (SSE3,SSE3 Emulation v4.2b, no NX/DX, CPUID & RTC Fixed)

- Maxxuss_sse Tool v1.2 -In your osx root

- Anti-TPM Patch v1

- Bootloader Patch (skips SSE3 check)

- A directory on the root of the drive called Patches containing the orginal kernel And All the patches for the kernel so you can mix and match if you need to.Thanks nth and maxxuss.

The kernel has all the patches applied so that it will be compatible with the largest number of systems available from the get-go. You can replace the kernel with the version with fewer patches after installation if you wish. You can create your own kernel using maxxuss's patchfiles set in the Patches Directory.

It also includes the following :

- AC97 Audio: supports Intel,VIA,nForce & Ensoniq ES1371(VMWare sound)

- Parallel ATA: supports nForce & VIA

- PS/2 Controller: needed for PS/2 keyboard/mouse/trackball and VMWare

- AMD PC-Net II: needed for VMWare networking support (by maxxuss)

- DVD Playback with SSE2 Patch (by maxxuss) Optional-In the Patches directory

- SSE2 patched ATI Video Drivers (by maxxuss) Optional-In the Patches directory

- SATA support for Intel and VIA

- Removes AppleTPMACPI & AppleFPMemDriver

Is that a solid torrent? There are two files: "macosx_10.4.3_8f1111_for_dtk_userdvd.iso" and "macosx_10.4.3_8f1111_for_dtk_userdvd.patched.md5".

Edited by 11001001

I have the same torrent and finished the download. I am about to burn to a dvd. Is there anything i need to do to the iso (patches, etc.) or is it all ready to go? Also what do you do with the md5 file? Also should I go for 8f1111A? Thanks for this thread, just what I needed to get confidence to eradicate my 10.4.1 install and go to 10.4.3 woot!

Thanks,

Andrew

From the way it looks, everything is already patched. You don't need to worry about the MD5 file. It contains a checksum that can be compared to the ISO. If the checksums are the same as the one listed in the link I posted above, then it's a legit image. I'm still downloading, and I won't be able to install it for another three days or so, because my parts haven't arrived.

Need another seeder (although looks like you got enough)?....I seeded for a while but then took it off because I moved it to a different folder on my linux server. Thanks for the info. Anyone on 8f1111A (better/worse) (I think I will install anyway seeing as it is put on after 8f1111 is installed)? Any problems with 8f1111A or G(I have a 775Dual-915GL board, P4 640 3.2, 1 GB)? Anyone know if the AC97 codec works "out of the box" with both 1111 and 1111a or 1111g (or is this the one you had to use a ktext)? Thanks for all of your help, sorta a noob other than my 10.4.1 install. (Just to let you know I did do some searching on the boards but not totally sure on the answers)

Thanks,

Andrew

Any ideas for installing other than by windows because I am already running 10.4.1 (dedicated OS X rig)? I have a pc also, don't know if that gives me any more options. Thanks and I can't wait for 10.4.3 (heard it is a lot faster and I am already amazed with the speed on my 3.2 p4!!!

Thanks,

Andrew

get the patch from any one of these links

[Violation of DMCA]

[Violation of DMCA]

[Violation of DMCA]

The intel ich7 sata support this latests ppf,I dont think its in wesleys ppf for the people asking for help in irc.

also the emulation for sse3 is 1.1b in wesleys,my ppf has v4.2b and the hardware support is better.

To tell you the truth i am tired of people in the irc chat room with that patched iso and all the trouble it gives them,So if you have it or try to use it dont ask me to help you

OMG! Dont no. I dont think any1 is seeding that torrent! get the regular 8f1111 file, it should be ~2gb. then dl the wesley patch and apply manually. Save urself the time and energy.

Please dont give bad advice .. if you dont know then dont say,that is a link to a more up to date ppf then the wesley ppf

@JaS

I posted a comment on that wesley torrent asking people not to download it and to download the v4.2b torrent.

I hope it helps, it seems to be popping up to much, to many people are having problems with it.

AHHHH!!!! Same error. "Still waiting on root device." I check to make sure the dvd drive was set on master and I only have on IDE connection. I will check the checksum in a bit after supper and also get a pic of the screen so maybe someone can figure it out. I will write back in a bit but if anyone has ideas in the mean time.....

UPDATE: I figured I would test it in my 64 machine, and guess what it works. Did not do the install just got to the language selection (want to keep windows on a machine just in case). I do not understand why this is not working on my intel machine (AsRock 775Dual-915GL, P4 640 3.2, NEC dvd-rw, 1GB ram, 80GB SATA Hitachi Deskstar). I looked in bios for anything suspicious and no luck....also reset to default to try that (tried with nx and no nx also). I also stuck in my 10.4.1 installer into my system running OSXx86 and that brought up the installer fine. So there has to be something wacky somewhere. I don't have to have the HD formatted before trying to install 10.4.3 do I? Any other ideas? Will get those pics of BIOS, and loading from cd......

PICS: Sorry for the amount but thought I might as well document as much as I thought was needed. If more info is needed I am sure I can dig it up. root error (photobucket) (I think they are in reverse order so I will probaly go back in and reorder the pics)

Thanks,

Andrew

Voyou, I also had the circle with the slash through it when I installed Mac OSX x86 10.4.3 build 8f1111 patched with Wesley's patch when I tried to install using VMware. I tried another way and was successful.

I followed the FULL GUIDE instructions from here on installing OSX and XP:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Multibooting

to install OSX and WinXP only. I did not install CentOS. I did my own thing after that.

1) I started with a blank HD. I installed the MAC OSX 10.4.3 DVD .

2) I used Disk Utility to created 3 partitions.

3) I formatted the 1st and 3rd as Free Space and the 2nd as Mac (What is correct term??)

4) I then exited the disk utility and continued with the install for Mac OSx.

5) I had to select my language, name, password,etc. during the install.

6) When it finished and rebooted, my PC booted OSx.

7) I put the XP cd in the computer and installed it.

8) XP overwrote the MBR and XP now boots when the computer restarts.

9) I downloaded WinGrub from Sourceforge.net

10) I then installed WinGrub ONLY. I did no configuration yet.

11) I followed the WinGrub example #1 (http://grub4dos.sourceforge.net/wingrub_examples.html#q1) to setup WinGrub. It worked. I was able to get a WinGrub menu which then loaded the XP boot.ini file which had an option for both XP and WinGrub.

12) I booted using a Win 98 Floppy. I started FDISK. I set my OSX partition to active and Rebooted.

13) PC started and I got the grub option list. I booted into XP.

14) I then modified the Menu.Lst file under C:\GRUB on my own using NotePad. I added the following 3 lines:

title Mac OS X

rootnoverify (hd0,1)

chainloader +1

15 I then saved the Menu.LST file and exited Notepad.

16) I also started WinGrubGUI and I selected (I cannot remember which menu item, but it's the one that will allow you to see what you currently have showing up in the boot menu. You'll see "default", netboot??..... Select default and look below

Anyway, go down there and you'll see title for Windows NT/2K/XP or whatever you have it named in your MENU.LST file. Right click and add the same informtion for MacOSx that we added to the Menu.LST file. Click the DISK ICON to save the information. To verify, change the list box from default to something else and verify you have both options.

Why did I do it in both places? Well, I thought my doing this using the WinGrubGui would add it to my MENU.LST file for me, but it didn't for some reason. So I did them both.

After the reboot, I selected MacOSx from the menu and voila, it booted with all looking good. From MacOSx I rebooted and got the grub menu. I selected XP and it took me to the XP boot.ini menu which still had grub inside. Go remove the grub from the XP boot.ini file and it will only boot XP.

All is good from there. Hope this helps anyone who needs it.

Edited by rmk

• 2 months later...