How to use REAL 10.4.10 install disks with vmware

Eds89

5 posts in this topic

Hi, im new to all the OS X x86 stuff, ive managed to get my deadmoo image working on VMWare workstation 6, and have been tinkering with that for a while now, but i really want a nice shiny new native install.

Now i have a legal copy of the 10.4.10 install disks, and i wanted to know how to use them to install natively via VMWare.

ive tried creating ISO's from the two disks, and then mounting them in VMWare, and when i go to boot menu in VMWare, it doesnt work, and tried to network boot. I then tried using the physical DVD drive itself, but with the same outcome.

Im just wondering if its even possible to use these discs, or if they are too new, or if i have to apply some kind of patch to them to get them to work....

thanks for any help

Eds

Hi, im new to all the OS X x86 stuff, ive managed to get my deadmoo image working on VMWare workstation 6, and have been tinkering with that for a while now, but i really want a nice shiny new native install.

Now i have a legal copy of the 10.4.10 install disks, and i wanted to know how to use them to install natively via VMWare.

ive tried creating ISO's from the two disks, and then mounting them in VMWare, and when i go to boot menu in VMWare, it doesnt work, and tried to network boot. I then tried using the physical DVD drive itself, but with the same outcome.

Im just wondering if its even possible to use these discs, or if they are too new, or if i have to apply some kind of patch to them to get them to work....

thanks for any help

Eds

I am no expert, but it seems to me you may be able to do it using Chain0. look for it.

i think chain0 has something to do with dual booting, what im interested in is using the real install dvds, as apposed to a downloaded one.

even after setting up a new virtual machine, and trying to boot from the REAL install cds, it just wont boot, so im thinking maybe the real cds need to be patched? or at least patch the iso of the real cds *shrugs*

is it possible to use the real ones instead of a downloaded one? coz it would save me some time!!

thanks

eds