Mac Os X 10.4.10

nobullone

11 posts in this topic

I'd like to state here that after utilizing all the help available I am running that OS on a seperate drive on my HP computer. I have fought sound, network and video problems and am now fully functional. I thank you all and myself for the research. Read through the posts. They will help. My 10.4.10 is booting faster than my main Vista drive. Oh, happy day!Good luck!I'm waiting to attack the Leopard next when she arrives!

I also got TubGirl OSX 10.4.10 installed and got everything working except sound ( i don't care of it anymore )

Graphics : QE & CI works out of the box ( NV40 option )

USB : Works out of the box

WebCam : Working ( using MacCam drivers )

SATA : Working out of the box

Sound : Don't work!!!! I don't care anymore :D

But I do get the verbose message during Bootup and Shutdown ... is there a way to hide that with the lovely apple screen.

@nubullone: Have you heard of GRUB? I have it triple booting Linux, OSX86 and XP, all on separate hard drives. It's incredibly versatile and not too hard to setup. You can even have nice pictures as the boot screen background.

The only thing it doesn't have is a mouse-driven point and click interface...still arrow keys and the 'Enter' key, I'm afraid!

<sultanoswing> How did u get your soundcard working?

I too have Realtek ALC850, but couldn't get it working, am using TubGirl 10.4.10 AMD Test1

I have tried everything i know from the forum.

Can you please guide me how to get it working and probably with your kext files too?

<sultanoswing> How did u get your soundcard working?I too have Realtek ALC850, but couldn't get it working, am using TubGirl 10.4.10 AMD Test1I have tried everything i know from the forum.Can you please guide me how to get it working and probably with your kext files too?
I have an audio package that fixed the problem. PM me with you email and I'll send it to you.
@nubullone: Have you heard of GRUB? I have it triple booting Linux, OSX86 and XP, all on separate hard drives. It's incredibly versatile and not too hard to setup. You can even have nice pictures as the boot screen background. The only thing it doesn't have is a mouse-driven point and click interface...still arrow keys and the 'Enter' key, I'm afraid!
I'll try it out.Thanks

I have an audio package that fixed the problem. PM me with you email and I'll send it to you.I'll try it out.Thanks

Hello. I couldn't help jumping with anticipation when reading your post about getting the Realtek ALC850 to work. I've tried basically every method mentioned on forums but couldn't get sound out of it (on JaS, uphuck and Tubgirl installation). I DO have input showing as active, but no output whatsoever. Tried the switching to 4 and 6 channels method, tried to plug the jacks in all possible combinations, no sound coming out of there. So, if it's no problem, could you be so kind as to share that package? Is it ok if I PM you for it? Thank you in advance.

• 1 month later...