Windows not booting from USB anymore.

com3

6 posts in this topic

I've got a little problem. I've installed windows on my USB driver and booted from it once, everything was working great untill i deleted the other partition created by Bootcamp on my Local (not external) hdd. now i can not boot windows from my USB drive. is there a way of fixing that? or do i have to partiton my mac again using bootcamp to be able to run windows from my USB drive?

thanks

its not that. i've tried it didnt work. do u know if i can repartition my external drive without damaging the info on that drive? i think i should install refit on a small partition on that drive to be able to boot again.

thanks

its not that. i've tried it didnt work. do u know if i can repartition my external drive without damaging the info on that drive? i think i should install refit on a small partition on that drive to be able to boot again.
You could try making a clone image of your USB drive with "SuperDuper!" (free tool) onto an image file on your HDD, repartition the USB drive with the Disk Utility App and then copy the image back onto it.

Cheers,

hecker

how do i do so? i've downloaded superdump,. it wont show me my USB drive to create an image out of it. Just wanted to ask if it was possible to copy all the files to my hdd literally copy them not create and image out of them, then format that hdd and repartition it. would that work? or do i have to make an image of the drive? bcz at the moment its looking impossible. :\

If you just copy the files over to another directory, you will not be able to boot your sistem back up after repartitioning (since you will lose your data). SuperDuper!, usually should recognize your USB drive. I found an article referring to this here: http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?t=65390

Maybe you should try to re-format your USB Drive using the OSX file system and see if that helps recognizing it..

Good luck!

hecker