Who use M2NPV-VM ? help Me please

cassinova

2 posts in this topic

now i can't boot i don't why 10.4.10 Tubgirl

spec:

Asus M2NPV-VM mother (Nforce 430 & GeForce 6150 onboard video)

Athlon 64 3000+

RAM kington 1GB

80GB Samsung IDE drive will use OSX86 (i have SATA not use I install windows XP)

Asus DVD-/+RW IDE

i think my problem a HD MBR u tell me step install OSX86 please.

and i USE primary IDE connect HD (master)& DVD (Slave)

and Are you set Bios or other ?

when i install OSX 10.4.10 tubgirl i erase HD and install normal finish i reboot mycom but can't run dawin and OSX86 idon't know why last year i install 10.4.7 can run OSX86

Please Helpme Please

now i can't boot i don't why 10.4.10 Tubgirl

spec:

Asus M2NPV-VM mother (Nforce 430 & GeForce 6150 onboard video)

Athlon 64 3000+

RAM kington 1GB

80GB Samsung IDE drive will use OSX86 (i have SATA not use I install windows XP)

Asus DVD-/+RW IDE

i think my problem a HD MBR u tell me step install OSX86 please.

and i USE primary IDE connect HD (master)& DVD (Slave)

and Are you set Bios or other ?

when i install OSX 10.4.10 tubgirl i erase HD and install normal finish i reboot mycom but can't run dawin and OSX86 idon't know why last year i install 10.4.7 can run OSX86

Please Helpme Please

I am at work presently, so I can't look at my exact setup... I believe my MB is an Asus M8 based nForce 4 board, so not exactly the same setup as yours. However, I do have the integrated GeForce 6150 onboard, and had similar problems. I had problems initially with SATA, and thought that was causing continued problems. However, once I had connected my HD via my PATA connector, it didn't matter whether I disabled SATA in the BIOS or not. My problem turned out to be the TITAN and NTAIT (sp?) extensions that were automatically installed with my distro. I am running Uphuck 1.4a, which is OS X 10.4.9.

I was able to circumvent this problem by booting with the -s option at the Darwin bootloader... once I got to the cli, I ran "mount -a" to make my boot device writeable. I went to /System/Library/Extensions and deleted Titan.kext and Ntait.kext. You can do that with rm -R to save you the trouble of deleting each file and tree level. I believe that was it... I can't remember if I had to remove the NV extensions and GeForce extensions or not. At one point, I was trying to add the stuff back in to try to get CE/QI working for iWork... but no dice.

Anyways, I hope my rantings helped.... if not, my apologies, and best of luck!

-Potto