Help: Updating from Jas 10.4.3 to 10.4.10

xavier rolling

7 posts in this topic

I am a total newb to Mac

So I thought of giving it a try

I got myself

Jas 10.4.3 Patched DVD, and installed it on my P4 Machine

It shows iTunes and Quicktime has expired

So when I installed the new iTunes, it showed that Mac OS X version requirement > 10.4.7

So I went to the Mac website, and found out that the Intel Combo Update can update from 10.4.3 to directly 10.4.10

I downloaded it and ran it...

But it shows that my Mac OS X "Volume does not meet system requirements"

Do I need a patched update for updating Jas 10.4.3?

How do I update to the latest Mac version?

Depending on your hardware, your best bet is to download a newer installer like JaS, Tubgirl or uphuck and then upgrade to 10.4.10 using either PascalW or Koolkal's installers. You are lucky your system warned that it couldn't installed the Intel Combo update directly from apple. That would have really played havoc with your system. You need patched updates to work on a Hackintosh. Elsewise your system will crash.

I know it takes longer but I say just get a cheap usb drive, install your current version and then try to upgrade... if all goes well then upgrade your machine if not... look for another solution for a successful upgrade first.

Depending on your hardware, your best bet is to download a newer installer like JaS, Tubgirl or uphuck and then upgrade to 10.4.10 using either PascalW or Koolkal's installers. You are lucky your system warned that it couldn't installed the Intel Combo update directly from apple. That would have really played havoc with your system. You need patched updates to work on a Hackintosh. Elsewise your system will crash.

Hi thanks for your reply

But I am so new to Mac

I can't follow precisely what you're saying...

Should I get Jas combo update for my Jas Mac

or Koolkal update will work on it too?

Can I get Koolkal 10.4.10 update for my Jas Mac 10.4.3?

PS. I can play with my system, its a new install and I dont mind messing it up :)

You should download a later version of the installer disk for a full re-install. For example, JaS 10.4.8 Inte/AMD SSE2 SSE3 or Uphuck's 10.4.9 installer disks. If you use JaS, you can then update to 10.4.10 using PascalW's updater. This will give you the latest OSX86 installation possible. Hope this helps.

Downloading a full disk will work

But I cant do it because i have a slow internet connection

So I can only hope advancing through updates

I downloaded and installed Koolkal 10.4.10 combo update SSE3 (P4 is SSE3 right!!!)

And then when the install's about to be completed I get an error message and everything fails to work

I restart and my Machine wont start...

So I reinstalled osx and tried the same thing again and it happened again...

Is it necessary to install the latest kernel which KoolKal provides ?

PS. I only need to make iTunes, Quicktime and other Mac applications work on Jas 10.4.3

When I run them they show they are expired, thats why I am runnign after all these updates

So please if someone can tell me a patch or something that makes it work, it'll do to...

I might be wrong because I followed a different path for my setups, but I don't believe you can go from 4.3 to 4.10 through updates. I think it has to do with how they were patched. Actually, I haven't read anything about anyone going even from 4.6 to 4.10 via updates (on a hackintosh). You need to spend the time downloading or find a friend with a high speed connection. Some of these d/l's have been posted on usenet so you don't have to worry about slow torrents.