Install osx whithout DVD burner

masterzeta

4 posts in this topic

Hi there, I've been in this forum for quite a while but this is my first post :).

Some long time ago I installed osx 10.4.1 and it worked... worked. that was on my PC, now I'm trying to do the same on my lappye.

Since I dont have a DVD burner I installed version 10.4.1 which is a disk image, hoping to be able to update later. Then I downloaded the JAS 10.4.8 update and once aplied it bricked my installation. Reading and reading I figured out that it only worked with osx 10.4.4 and beyond, plop!.

Now I'm stucked!!!! I wanna know if is posible to install the 10.4.8 or 10.4.6 installer DVD only using alchol and vmware, but not running it on vmware, rather than that to run it natively.

Or in the best case, is there any update avaliable to my current 10.4.1 or a series of updates to get to my target 10.4.8?

Hey,

just to make sure i understand u, u dont have a dvd burner but need to install 10.4.1? if so, u could try look into linux live cd.'s and DD=Image trick. im not sure if it will work, but i have seen it work before. This may require u to install linux before hand, as i know this is tedious im giving u this as an option. All the DD=image does is tell grub/lilo to boot from the .iso or image instead of a hard drive. i dont have muhc time on my hands so u will have to seearch, look @ the ubuntu forums for help http://ubuntuforums.org/ or knoppix even.

good luck, sorry i couldnt help u further, the only thing i would suggest is transfer the file to another compuiter with a dvd burner.. and burn it. try booting a linux live cd and connecting to the microsoft/mac network. could work? :)

Good luck!

Regards,

Jeremy