Preffered Method of Making OSx86 Image?

phusion1337

5 posts in this topic

What is everybody out there using to make duplicate HD images of their perfect OSx86 installation? Is there anything out there that you can boot from CD and do a sector by sector HD image of your installation? I would like to be able to backup/restore from this tool without entering any OS (Boot from CD.) Something that operates like Acronis TrueImage, or Norton Ghost (Where you can boot from CD and either backup/restore.) I haven't tried anything yet, but would like to get it right the first time post install.

Any detailed suggestions on the tools/methods used to create a post installation image (incase the install gets borked in the future with an update, etc.) would be highly appreciated. Something I can restore from a bootable CD is preferred.

Thanks!

I just back up my OSX86 partition using Norton Ghost 12 right from within WindowsXP. It makes for a pretty large image so I've dedicated a single spare drive just for images of my windows and osx systems at various stages. Works like a champ and hasn't failed me yet. I've restored dozens of times without a glitch.