evga 7600GS 512Mb

potuz

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone gotten more than 1280x1024 with this card? So far, I get only this resolution when I don't load NVDAResman.kext (therefore I don't load Geforce.kext etc). As soon as I add this one to the Extensions/ folder I get a message of the sort

NVDA::start(display) <1> failed

and then later on the screen goes black and boot dies. I already tried adding my Device ID (0x0392) to all the NVidia Info.plist and editing the com.apple.Boot.plist to force there a different resolution, with no-luck...

I tried both TITAN/Natit and NVinject (a clone of Natit) and they recognize the card but I guess my problem is that there's no way I can add NVDAResman.kext to the extensions...

P.

nVidia gfx cards with over 256mb need to have their roms flashed to work properly with OSX86. Fortunately you have a very compatible card. After flashing, your card will work the same in windows or linux, but now will be fully activated for OSX86. You'll get all the resolutions your monitor can handle along with qe and ci which are necessary to really take advantage of any major software. Do a google search for Aqua-mac or just go to macvidia.com to learn how to do this. It's simple and painless.

I had read about flashing the Rom, but macvidia.com has been dead for a while... is the new ROM around for this particular card or should I edit it myself?

P

PS. Thanks about mentioning this answer in my "Hardware" post :(

EDIT: Actually, do you have one of these? how did you flash it? in gotoh's site he doesn't have any ROM for this particular card.