Is it possible to turn off hardware monitoring?

3 posts in this topic

Ive got a tuniq tower and wanna replace the fan in it with an akasa amber fan. i have a fan controller so it will just plug straight in to the back of that with no connection to the motherboard.

Now i think hardware monitoring will report that the CPU fan has failed...is there a way to turn that off in bios? I have a gigabyte DS4. thanks

Ive got a tuniq tower and wanna replace the fan in it with an akasa amber fan. i have a fan controller so it will just plug straight in to the back of that with no connection to the motherboard.

Now i think hardware monitoring will report that the CPU fan has failed...is there a way to turn that off in bios? I have a gigabyte DS4. thanks

I'm not sure Hardware monitor will report that the CPU fan has failed. Just test it.

Even if it does, you don't care.

Explore your bios to disenable CPU fan control and you'll be OK

cpu fan control will automatically disable itself when you remove the fan from the cpu fan plug. it'll come up as not detected or 0 RPM. computers are smart these days. dont worry about it. you want have any beeping or popup errors bothering you. unless your board is a pIII in which case you shouldnt be posting on this board at all.