installing on P5K3 Deluxe

potuz

10 posts in this topic

Hi there, after my n-th install (with n large enough) I decided to ask here cause I'm going crazy. The system I'm trying to set-up:

system: uphuck's 10.4.9 v1.4i

mobo: Asus P5K3 Deluxe chipset: P35/ICH9R

CPU: Intel Core 2 duo Extreme QX6850 @3GHz

Video Card: EVGA Nvidia GeForce 7600GS

after severar tries, the closest I can get to an "succesful" installation is that the installer runs without problems but after booting I get a screen with "you need to restart your computer" on different languages, or it just goes black and hangs if I boot in verbose mode.

I tried several combination of packages (natit did recognize the video card and as of this moment I'm trying with TITAN). I was wandering if someone here installed a similar system or if you guys know which patches I need to apply at install time. I've spent the last few days just trying to install, reading these forums and from time to time taking a shower. Any help will be really appreciated!

P.

allright, I'll try and let you know in about 40 minutesP.Actually, I guess you meant to do this without reinstalling everything... the only thing that changed is that now the screen goes blue before hanging

I'm using v1.4i r2 and I already tried all sort of kext configurations... I'm not sure if I should remove a particular one or not... Perhaps I should try Jas 10.4.8? the only thing I haven't tried is booting with cpus=1, which I've heard helps for this version of uphuck, but I rather run micro$oft than have this micro running single core :hammer:

P.

Well, it's getting late and I just can't solve this issue, I'll give 1.4i r3 a chance... I'd really appreciate if one of you guys can send me a code for Demonoid, I can't find this version in the other usual places and Demonoid it's closed to unregistered users.

P.

Sucess!, Ok, after days, I now have a running 10.4.9 (1.4i r2) and I got the ethernet card to work (I'm posting from that Hackint0sh). As soon as I get the resolution on my evga Geforce 7600GS 512Mb I'll be a really happy person... Since I didn't find many succesfull stories here on this mobo, I'll post later the results together with some benchmarks (first I want to see if I can actually solve the video card problem).

R.

• 2 months later...

I also have an Asus P5K3 Deluxe and got uphucks 10.4.9i running, but am looking for drivers.

My graphics display looks great, but is very slow. My card is an nvidia quadro fx 1400.

Also everytime I want to switch from xp to osx, I must change my bios settings from ATA to AHCI.

Any recommendations on these issues as well as what ethernet driver I'll need?

Thanks!