Success ! (Kind of)

arhopkins3

3 posts in this topic

Well after about 6 different ISOs and various settings changes, I've had partial success installing OSX on my Intel PC.

I have the following basic specs...

Intel Core2Duo E6300 (1.8ghz)

2gb RAM

nVidia GeForce 7600 GT

Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi-Ap (JMicron SATA controller)

I have used vmware and installed it onto an old IDE drive. I could install it before but it never got through the kernel panics to load. FINALLY for some reason, after moving around my HD's inside my case, it now boots into OSX in Vmware :P YAY, Yippeee!

BUT... It never has (and still doesn't now) boot from the HD in native mode. I get the dreaded apple.boot.com.plist not found error, that's it. Pressing F8 shows a list of one item, called HD0 : Ethernet PXE Client. I have tried -v but it goes straight back to the above error.

What can I do from VMware or in my BIOS to help this? I am pressing F8 during POST/BIOS startup and it lets me select the boot device. I select the IDE Drive that it is installed to and that's what happens. Any advice for me please? :S So close, but so far! ;)

EDIT: Inside VMWARE, I get "(Hd 0,1) MacOSx" in the startup options. When I start natively, I get "HD0: Ethernet PXE Client"? - What the fudge?

Update : My IDE drive with OSX on it, according to Disk utility during install, is set to Master Boot Record, and partitioned as "MacOSx Extended (Journaled)".

(I have HFSExplorer, where do I look to see if this plist is there... and if it is there, how do I get rid of the problem? ARGH)