Bios doenst show osx as on os to choose

Daniel L.

10 posts in this topic

ive installed osx 10.4.6 i think, on a dell e310 2.8ghz, 512mb, 80gb, bios A04. And after i installed it i reboot my comp and it only shows windows media center and windows media center (original bootscreen), can someone tell me what is cuasing this and if i can fix it. Thank you

oh and its only sse2 maybe thats the prob idk?????????????? :D :D :huh: :huh: :huh:

Yes, take Hecker's advice before you start messing with active partitions...especially if you're not sure about what you're doing. Search for the 'chain0' method of dual booting. It's easy to set up and allows you to keep windows as your active, first boot selection. Good luck.

well chain0 didnt work antyhting else?

What does that mean..."chain0 didn't work"? Can't help if you don't give a little more info. If your partitions are set up right, the chain0 method is pretty foolproof.

This is like pulling teeth. :thumbsup_anim: You need to give more than one line info to get any kind of real help. How did you install chain0? OSX86 partition is primary and active? What exactly is happening when you use the chain0 method? Does it appear to give you the choices of OS? If it does and you press OSX86 (or whatever you've called it) does it then take you back to the choices? If that's the case, and your partitions are set correctly, immediately after you select OSX86 and press 'enter', press F8. That should give you your choices again. This time, choose OSX86 and it should boot the OS.