PC Slows Down while Operating on Battery

shahriyar

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have successfully installed OS X 10.4.8 on Asus Z71V with Pentium m and 2 GB of ram. The problem is the following:

When being operated on battery, the graphics slow down drastically. I am not sure if there is a setting that related to power consumption and graphics card speed. In addition the CPU speed is detected as 800 MHz rather than 2GHz. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks!

you'll have to search around intel based mac laptops. i don't know if theres a solution, my laptop doesn't support SSE2 so i can't run OS X on it to give a better answer.

speedstep is generally hardware, so i don't know if you'll be able to find software that will work.

As an update, I tried setting the fsb at start up using the following options:

-y

fsb=133

Neither option worked, and the graphics still slow down, and the cpu is operating at 800 MHz. If anyone knows of a way to change FSB on the fly please let me know, that way I can set up a script.

Thank you.

I just solved this issue on my ThinkPad T40. In the BIOS, there were speedstep settings for on battery and on AC. The battery option was set to max battery life. I set it to automatic and got a very snappy experience on the next boot. My battery suffers a little, but im still pulling about 3 hours or so on a full charge.

• 3 months later...