HP pavillion dv6458se OS X installation help!

JeffHoi

12 posts in this topic

Here is my situation, I've tried to install OS X 10.4.8 using Jas's iso image on my Intel duo core based Dell inspiron 640m and everything works splendidly, (Except wireless, 3945abg :)) booting on usb external drive.

Anyways, I've decided to get a new laptop, and this hp pavillion dv6000 edition was so beautiful I had to get it. Now, I'm trying to get Os X 10.4.8 running in this machine too. First thing I did was to try to boot directly off the usb hard drive, which resulted in the error that I have to restart my com. I figured that'd happen as the pavillion I own is AMD based.

So, I re-installed the os via booting out of Jas's image. I select the AMD kexts, and other "necessary" items. However, after my installation, I ended up with the white screen of death with a grey apple. The thing spins for a while.. (1-2 mins) then stops.

So, I check the -v to find any flaws whatsoever, ended up only to find that it stops after the logon window application started.

Please help me get pass this white screen of doom and use osx on this "sexy thing". I'm practically going insane not being able to run osx on this machine. Thanks for any/every help I can get.

You need a newer AMD image - either uphuck 1.4a(uphuck_10.4.9_v1.4a) or tubgirl 10.4.10 (Osx10410_AMDVM_SSE3).

Here is my situation, I've tried to install OS X 10.4.8 using Jas's iso image on my Intel duo core based Dell inspiron 640m and everything works splendidly, (Except wireless, 3945abg :( ) booting on usb external drive.

Anyways, I've decided to get a new laptop, and this hp pavillion dv6000 edition was so beautiful I had to get it. Now, I'm trying to get Os X 10.4.8 running in this machine too. First thing I did was to try to boot directly off the usb hard drive, which resulted in the error that I have to restart my com. I figured that'd happen as the pavillion I own is AMD based.

So, I re-installed the os via booting out of Jas's image. I select the AMD kexts, and other "necessary" items. However, after my installation, I ended up with the white screen of death with a grey apple. The thing spins for a while.. (1-2 mins) then stops.

So, I check the -v to find any flaws whatsoever, ended up only to find that it stops after the logon window application started.

Please help me get pass this white screen of doom and use osx on this "sexy thing". I'm practically going insane not being able to run osx on this machine. Thanks for any/every help I can get.

that sounds like my only solution, any thoughts of which download is better and which one I should get?

I've heard many good things from uphuck, I've never heard anything from tubgirl before.

I'll look for these immediately!!... :rolleyes: *thanks for giving me hope*

ok, so i've downloaded uphuck's v1.4a OS x for AMD machines.. and burned it into a disk, and installed it to my External HD.. without any problems so far,

However, when I boot from the HD again, I get the white screen with grey apple with the rolly loading thing in the bottom... swirling and swirling and about after 2 mins, says that I need to restart..:(:(

So, I've got rebooted it and have the same results, and then I rebooted in safe mode (-x) no diff..

Rebooted in verbose (-v) didn't understand anything I saw but I saw a whole lots of things not detected...

The difference between the Jas image I used it, (in terms of -v) Jas's image wouldn't pass the login application started... , uphuck's image did for my pavillion dv6458se but, in jas's image, if I let it load for about two mins or so, I can start to eject my disc via holding down f12, which leads me to believe there is a display issue, but the uphuck's just told me to reboot. :(

Any advice please.. I'm so desperate!!!.. damn pavillions.. look so pretty but can't damn use OS X

i've dealt with this, what you have to do is follow the steps here

these is pretty much what you have to do:

boot your osx using -v -s

then type:

/sbin/mount -uw /

hit enter

then type:

cd /system/library/extensions

hit enter

then type this:

rm -rf nvdaresman.kext

Hit enter and restart

i had the same problem with my installation, hopefully it works for you

Edit: since it's a laptop your mouse and keyboard usually won't work, you'd have to attach a usb keyboard + mouse, im currently looking for the drivers for these

I GOT INTO OSX!!! I used the method provided in the other thread, where I choose certain installation thing from the uphuck image, I selected everything before.. :P silly me..

I got the keyboard working... track pad.. Brightness control... Volume.. USB.. cd/dvd.. wireless... no built-in ethernet though.. (I tried replacing the IONetworking.kext from 10.4.6/5 from Jas?) Fixed permissions.. no luck on that... and the display is a little off.. I have a 15.4" monitor.. and the OSX runs in a 1028X728 ? resolution.. things don't look quite right.. and OSX is always shuttering.. (screensaver can't run smoothly.. *front row too*)... hopefully I'll get some info here and tweak my OSX on this sexy thing.. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Weeeee

Well.. okay so I played around with the OS X, and found out some strange discoveries

1. I tried to re-install my OSX to make sure it was no fluke that I got it running.. (of course on another partition) and sometimes, but not all the time, the computer will not read my the bootloader will refuse to load the disc.. it seems very random.. don't know the reason why.. and my keyboard and Trackpad works out of the box.

2. I tried rebooting into my OS without the disc and the keyboard and trackpad doesn't work, plus the reboot doesn't work too!! I tried for approx (6/7 times)

3. I rebooted into my OS with the disc.. and the keyboard and trackpad works and REBOOT again!!! (tried 3 times in a row)

4.I shutdowned my com..

5. I started OSX again with the disc (for 2 times) and the mouse and keyboard doesn't work again!!, and tried to boot into my disc and realized that it can't boot into the disc again.. (maybe that is why the keyboard can't work)

6. My Conclusion, there is something in the disc, be it kexts or whatever that makes my keyboard and track pad work.. any ideas?