Question for succesful installers

johnnytijuanas

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I would like to ask those of you that succesfully installed uphuck 10.4.9.v1r3 on their machines how long the installation took. Installation on my machine went fine but took about two ours after reboot to get to the configuration settings. I manage to pass the language and network connection windows but the computer hanged at keyboard language window. Is this time lenght normal? should I just keep waiting next time?. Below are my specs and the install items I choose.

Thanks in advance

J.T.

My specs:

CPU Mobile Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.06GHz

Instructions x86, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3

ATI Mobility Radeon 9000/9100 IGP Chipset

1 GB Ram

TOSHIBA MK8025GAS (80 GB, 4200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)

What I installed:

loginwindow 10.44

Remove CPU powe management

Apple ACPIPlatform

SATA support

USB

PS/2

If you skip the disk check in the beginning and choose only one language, you should be able to install, even with the packages you chose, in between 13-16 minutes, depending on the speed of your computer.

I'm using r2 (because I can't find r3) but it can't be too different, skipping the disk check about 10 minutes, BTW, thanks BJMoose for the help on getting me up and running, after some trial and error and a few reinstalls it's working perfectly, and I can't believe the speed of it.

I'm using r2 (because I can't find r3) but it can't be too different, skipping the disk check about 10 minutes, BTW, thanks BJMoose for the help on getting me up and running, after some trial and error and a few reinstalls it's working perfectly, and I can't believe the speed of it.

You're welcome! The basic differences between r2 and r3 are that r3 adds more SATA support and corrects some problems with Rosetta that exists for some users in r2.