How do I enable QE and CI to work on my X1800XT?

Miro30

2 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I just installed the Diabolik ATIX1000 drivers but still not showing quartz extreme? It said to edit the ATI X1800 KTEXT in the "playlist" but I have no idea how to do this. Does anyone out there know how to get this working? Trying to instal Final Cut Studio but keeps on asking me for a Quartz Extreme card.

BTW, thanks Moose for your reply.

Any help would greatly be appreciated,

Miro30

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there,

I just installed the Diabolik ATIX1000 drivers but still not showing quartz extreme? It said to edit the ATI X1800 KTEXT in the "playlist" but I have no idea how to do this. Does anyone out there know how to get this working? Trying to instal Final Cut Studio but keeps on asking me for a Quartz Extreme card.

BTW, thanks Moose for your reply.

Any help would greatly be appreciated,

Miro30

To get CI+QE working, you must to edit info.plist from ATIX1000.kext and add the PCI Device ID of your graphics card. Mine is an ATI X1800GTO (0x710a). Check what is your Device ID in System Profiler=>Graphics/Displays. For more detailed instructions of how to edit info.plists and restore permissions after the editing, just do a search in the forum. There is a lot of examples here and there.