Presario V2000 V2312US Notebook Installation

arshmenarnar

1 post in this topic

hey there folks. im using a v2000 v2312us compaq notebook for os x finally. i have had os x on my dell for ao while now and that one is a gma950 and the install is smooth. but this one throws you for a loop so i wanted to write an install guide for this series, and also get help on ACPI because that doesnt work yet for me. I used installed through VMWARE, using Tubgirl 10.4.8 AMD Only which has been since the only version that works on this notebook. Then, after the whole shebang install through vmware, reboot to windows not to osx. sound will work out of the box, but you need to install katana, follow the directions for proper resolution, you then need to install the broadcom enabler and bam you got wireless. now the only last issue i have is ACPI related. i can use some of the various power managements to fix the damn battery meter but every time i unplug the freakin ac it freezes or vice versa. can anyone tell me how to fix this because i have a messed up adapter with a spliced wire and its not very reliable. can someone upload a kext for a known good power management or a bundle to this post so we can have a complete driver post (minus built in ethernet i never use it so im not going to figure it out) every time it freezes i want to die. thanks :P