Looking for some network drivers

Hal Mayes

3 posts in this topic

I finally got OSX installed. I am using a MSI 865PE Neo2-PFISR motherboard. As I understand things I need to find a .kext file for the hardware that is not recognized. Does anyone know where I can find a .kext file to make the onboard ethernet work for this motherboard? Also, is there something in osx similar to device manager in windows where I can find out all the hardware that is not functioning properly, so I can find out what drivers I need (I know I need drivers for my video and sound card, but I'm sure there is other stuff, too)? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

| Hal

run your install disk again and click on the arrow at the drivers selection to drop down the menu to see if your disk has AC'97 support.

What version of OSX86 are you running? Next time you ask a question it might be a little easier to help if you give the version of OSX your using.

Also google your probem to find a answer, the search engine here is useless

Sorry for not posting my OSX version. I used the 10.4.4 install dvd image, but in about this mac it says 10.4.3. Although I am thinking of reinstalling to the 10.4.9 version (I didn't even know it was available when i first started this project). I've also tried installing uphuck but it didn't read the DVD as bootable. That's a whole different topic though. To answer your question, my motherboard does support AC'97 audio. Is that what you are referring to?

EDIT: Ok so I think I want to install uphuck. Is there a big difference between 1.4i r3 and 1.4i r2? Also, it says on the website to read the readme, but I can't find the readme anywhere. Does anyone know where it is?