HP DV9000 Vista Dual Boot

meeyotch

5 posts in this topic

So, I decided that my Ubuntu Install wasn't doing what I needed, so after searching the Internet, I found OSX86. Here's what I have on my computer:

HP DV9000 Series

2 Gig Ram

Dual Core Processor (1.4 Ghz)

2x100 non-raid HD (that's important for my story)

Conexant HD Audio

IPW 3945 Card

A Hint to anyone who has a notebook with more than one HD: you MUST Partition off part of the primary hard drive (disk0 in laymans terms). I tried it on my 2nd hard drive with no success. After partitioning disk0 it booted first time correctly. I'm running a Vista boot loader with the directions found in the wiki, and I've got to say it works perfectly.

Issues I've encountered

Random Restarts (I'm used to it by now, but it doesn't make it any less annoying...)

no sound fixed through Azalia plugin found on this site.

nvidia driver problems fixed by installing the macvidia drivers found on the site (during main install).

no wireless internet. This one's my biggest concern right now, but I'm sure the solution will present itself (if it's in the forums, I just haven't found it yet).

But otherwise ITunes has successfully imported my music library and my wireless remote even works perfectly with Itunes, so I couldn't be happier. Thanks for all of the help throughout the site, and I look forward to an (even more) successful time with my Hackintosh!

You'll have to forgive me, I am a coding nerd but I still don't understand all of it (I'm trying to learn more as I go and as I need to). What would that do for me?

Here's a screenie of the successful transplant as well!

post-125777-1186524188_thumb.jpg