G33 GMA 3x00 onboard video - Does it work ?

twophive

44 posts in this topic

Installed KalyWay 10.5.2 in an Intel mobo DG31PR with GMA3100 graphics, the 3100 packaga in the instaler was selected.

Still not working.

Gonna try adding the device ID of the 3100 in the 950 kext if that's possible to see what happens.

Installed KalyWay 10.5.2 in an Intel mobo DG31PR with GMA3100 graphics, the 3100 packaga in the instaler was selected.

Still not working.

Gonna try adding the device ID of the 3100 in the 950 kext if that's possible to see what happens.

DID you try this? Any feedback?

I recently bought a Shuttle SG31G2, with GMA3100 integrated video.. Leopard (kaly 10.5.1) installed fine, but as mentioned above, I was stuck to the 1024x786 res. Tried every driver available, but couldn't get the proper resolution. There's one little thing that's worth mentioning; I did have QE enabled, without any custom drivers installed. Things like coverflow in iTunes worked, not so good, but it worked. Using a 8400GS now, much better performance & compatibilty...

It's a no no.

Even if you edit the GMA950 kext with the 3100 Device ID, etc it still says NO KEXT LOADED.

CoverFlow, QuickLook, etc works fine but the CPU usage goes up even when you use Exposé.

Toast 9 an VMWare refuses to run and my educated guess is that it has something to do with the absence of accelerated graphics.

Gonna check what drivers are they using in Ubuntu/Debian for this onboard video, maybe there are some source codes availables, but I don't think they will be usefull in OS X.

Also I've got to check what happens if I set the video mode in the startup options to 1280x1024, at least thing won't look so ugly on my 17" Sony.

EDIT "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32" in boot option will give you that resolution but screen efects shows some artifacts.

• 1 month later...
It's a no no.

Even if you edit the GMA950 kext with the 3100 Device ID, etc it still says NO KEXT LOADED.

CoverFlow, QuickLook, etc works fine but the CPU usage goes up even when you use Exposé.

Toast 9 an VMWare refuses to run and my educated guess is that it has something to do with the absence of accelerated graphics.

Gonna check what drivers are they using in Ubuntu/Debian for this onboard video, maybe there are some source codes availables, but I don't think they will be usefull in OS X.

Also I've got to check what happens if I set the video mode in the startup options to 1280x1024, at least thing won't look so ugly on my 17" Sony.

EDIT "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32" in boot option will give you that resolution but screen efects shows some artifacts.

Have you had any luck with this? Editing GMA950 kext or new kext or anything? I even bought a geforce 7300le but my power supply isnt good enough.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Gigabyte G33-DS3R board with the same 0x29c2 onboard graphics like the smaller mATX (G33M-DS2R).

I got 1280x1024 working:

‘Display:

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x29c2

Revision ID: 0x0002

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Philips 20":

Resolution: 1280 x 1024

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

by using the latest Leopard Graphics update 1.0 from Apple and the edited com.apple.Boot.plist with this added lines:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>"Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32"</string>

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is

Intel core 2 duo 2.53GHz processor

Intel D G 33 Mother Board

2 GB ram

250GB HDD

I have an inbuilt 256 MB graphic card from Intel

But I have not found the display driver for that

As a result, I have only the resolution of 1024x768

instead of 1440x900

Plz help me out in getting out the correct driver.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The G33 onboard graphics works at 1600x1200x32.

Kalyway 10.5.2, and the Apple Graphics Update package are minimum pre-requisites.

No hardware QE/CI yet. It still works after upgrade to 10.5.5.

You need to specify the resolution you want to the Darwin bootloader. Type "?" to the bootloader, and have a look at the help options. It should also list the options it thinks the driver can support, (yes it appears it goes higher, but at 16 bit colour depth). Or add it to com.apple.Boot.plist as instructed in earlier posts:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>"Graphics Mode"="1600x1200x32"</string>

Your file should include something like the above in it after the edit. The text to be added should sit between <string> and </string>.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...