Apple logo forever when install Uphuck 1.4a

vie

7 posts in this topic

Hello, all,

This is my virgin insanelymac post :robot: I am tired of viruses and trojans in windows on my PC after using my ibook for 2 years. Recently I find we have OSX86! this is AWEEEEEESome!

Yestoday morning uphuck released it's 1.4 amd install dvd. However, it seems there is some problem with my home build PC: after "press any key to install ..." a gray apple logo shows up w/ a waiting circle (you know what I mean); but it seems the DVD drive is not running and after about 2 minutes, a "stop sign" (is it? ) like symbol shows up and then seems goes for ever , well, at least several minutes and CPU temp. keep hiking up...

is this normal? How long would it usually take to the actual install UI?

I guess I have some hardware compatibility issue here. a JMicron IDE controller?

Here is my hardware info:

ASUS M2NPV-VM Mobo: NF430 + GF6150

AMD Athlon X2 3800+

DDR2 667 1G x2

Seagate PATA 80G Master + Maxtor PATA 160G Slave

ASUS DRW-1612 BLK 1.10

OnBoard DVI 6150

Thanks!

where did you find uphuck 1.4a ??? Could you post a downloading link here ?

Thanks !

That's illegal, my friends. Try look at the sticky posts.

Maybe i should try Jas 10.4.8, ... another several torrent days ...

solution is really simple.. just boot off the dvd and at the boot prompt issue '-v' for verbose.. and it'll work correctly...

specially wat all do i have to select from the kernel sub menu.. i only selected intel sse2 patch

solution is really simple.. just boot off the dvd and at the boot prompt issue '-v' for verbose.. and it'll work correctly...

specially wat all do i have to select from the kernel sub menu.. i only selected intel sse2 patch

Thanks for reminding me "-v" option.

It turns out that I have the common "SAM Multimedia: read or write failed" error. I re-burned another 2 dvd, but no luck. So it seems I need to burn it at lower speed. My K3b can not change burning speed, wired (indicating bad burner or DMA failed). I will try another machine. will report later.

After burning another dvd at school, still no lcuk. I find it's not a media issue. Then I noticed a "IDE channel 1 no 80 connector cable installed" in the BIOS screen. So M2NPV-VM is using a 40 connector CD-ROM cable. This reminds me lots of my DVD-RW drive related issues!!

After change the cable, the installtion went through, w/ a MACH reboot error in the end.

I reset the machine, then it boots into OSX. Played a little while. Looks glossy. Unfortunately, MacVidia 1.0.8.1 seems not working. And now my OSX is dead.

Did not get chance to try forcedeth network kext.

Here is some references I find useful:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=30105

It seems OSX86 is still far from usable to me. After 4 days of great expectation, and 2 days of hussel installing, maybe I have to say goodbye here.

Thanks, guys! Hope it will become better and better, some day I might come back!