AMD64 with only SSE2 and epox nForce3 Board

nafets

6 posts in this topic

I work with os x 10.4.9 amd sse2 and sse3 but al things around the cpu and the ram performance are so slow that i cant describe...

it works 7 or 10 times slower than a system with the same performance.

what the hell goes wrong?

the same system in vmplayer works normally fast i dont know what's going wrong,

Bios changes have no results.

ok maybe i go to another system but if this system works i have no reasons to change it. and can go on the :P floor for the money -_-

I had the exact same system (EpoX nforce 3 and Athlon64 core venice) and it worked flawlessly for about a year until i got my new system ,so i can tell you that your system WORKS so dont throw your money buying another board or CPU.MAybe its the DVD ,is it Jas uphuck, Myzar i dont know ....if its that you better start downloading one of the latest Jas at least for me those are the ones that worked the best with that mobo and CPU.

Hi Zealot

thanx for your fast reply. I have a lot of PCI Kards in the System maybe it hang up my system. I will test it out if i have a little more time to plug all the cards out and see what happens. :D ... and write the result it in the forum

i have tried 2 different versions of Jas the last was 10.4.8 same speed ( slowwwww down) and the update of 10.4.9 works fine, but same speed......

I think it is a problem between the bridge from the cpu to ram, or cpu to cache, but in the beginning application work short fast and than very slow....i know the answer is to leave os x go to ubuntu and maybe run os x under vmware..... :)

oh i forgot to say that my cpu is a winchester core only sse2 :yoji: i know dual core power from intel is the best way to push the system :D

• 2 weeks later...