Sound Help Inspiron 6000 10.4.1

M@TT

3 posts in this topic

I have spent probably about 5 hours or so trying to find out how to get my Sound work on my Inspiron 6000 10.4.1 I want to get it work because i only lack having the Wireless and Sound working. I have found many reports of people getting it to work but they never say how besides AC97 files and stuff. I have tried dropping the kext file into the Extensions and the chmod and everything but nothing seems to work... i'm asking for a link to something or for help or a simple YOURE AN IDIOT ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS... Thanks guys :(

Hey Matt,

I'm having a hard time getting sound to work with my Sigmatel STAC AC97 "C-Major" Audio on my Dell 600m. I have a hunch you and I probably have the same or similar sound card.

I too have tried everything I could find on these boards, but without any luck. Whenever I run kextload on the AppleAC97Audio.kext, I get a permissions or an unable error. I've done all variations of chmod, chown, and even did the whole process logged in as root.

I'm running 10.4.1 and wondering how and if I should update to 10.4.4, but I hear that seems to generate even more hassles for people.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, I've posted in a couple other threads...

Hey Man GOOD NEWS I have got my sound working... not quite sure what I did, but I used the AppleAC97.kext floating around and used "xray" to setup the permissions and everything. Didn't think it would work so I kept reading about it. Eventually rebooting and all is well... But if that doesn't work here is the link I was reading

http://forum.osx86project.org/lofiversion/....php/t1826.html

on that there is a WIKI link in the first block post and it has a 12 step procedure (involving Linux or Windows) but read down on that post they say to do 2 steps before the 12 step process.

I know the 12 step sounds long but it really isn't just OPEN this TYPE that READ this... ya know... tell me if it works.

http://win2osx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=233&page=5

That is a forum about our sound cards... hope these help