kextload won't load AppleIntelPIIXata.kext

JoeyKing

4 posts in this topic

I am trying to get UDMA.

Following the suggestion found around the forum I tried to fill the plugins in IOATAfamily.kext with an enriched AppleIntelPIXAta.kext, but kextload -t fails with:

joey-kings-computer:/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns joey$ sudo kextload -t AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

Password:

kextload: extension AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext appears to be valid

18AppleIntelPIIXPATA is not compatible with its superclass, 8IOPCIATA superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

load failed for extension AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

My System is a Dell 4550 with an intel chipset. Windows says its vendor ID should be 0x24CD8086. this is contained in Info.plist fir ICH4, and obviously correct, since OSX wants to load it...but fails.

Somebody any idea? I had a similar prob with my ATIRadeon9700, and some magic string in the Info.plist helped.... :)

Thanks

Joey

I MADE IT!

found out myself: I took an old PIIXATA binary, but I may only include the correct DeviceID for my ICH4 (24CB8086) into the Info.Plist of the plugin....and keep the current binary.

I am happy now, Xbench result is overall now 56 for a 5 year old machine, not bad I'd say.

The only thing missing is sound...but there is obviously no chance with my soundblaster PCI card....

CU

Joey

could you tellme, helmpe, im on the same problem, i had to replace de ioatafamily.kext every time i boot windows for preventing kernel panic, or slow disc performance,

the ioatafamily, wont stay installed! if i restart, the sysmen wont startup, and again i have to copy from my widows partition, replace the old ioatafamily,

helpmeee

Sure I would if I could...but I face the horrible problem that all of a sudden i get a kernel panic upen boot. it worked fine for many days, I even made a nice movie and burnt it successfully to disk.

So in the moment I cannot boot my hackintosh. deleting the cahces doesn't help. sigh.

cu

Joey