AMD question about chipset

goodgoings

7 posts in this topic

Hi :) ,

I'm a n00b at this, but I've gotten JaS 10.4.8 to install out of the box on my machine without a problem. Full CI/QE support.

I've tried almost every install and update package out there for 10.4.9. I need this to run Final Cut Pro 2. I got no success. The closest I got was with uphuck's 10.4.9 v.1.2 installing as SSE2, but no CI/QE support. ;) When I select SSE3 there is the eternal spining gray screen.

I notice that there are several AMD users who have succeeded with upgrading. But I also notice that many have had success with a nForce chipset. I've got a VIA K8T800Pro/VT8257 Chipset on a ASUS A8V Deluxe mobo. Is this chipset not supported in any ver. in 10.4.9? Also, is there a way to get CI/QE support after a Uphuck 10.4.9 v.1.2 install?

Thanks!

Hi :) ,

I'm a n00b at this, but I've gotten JaS 10.4.8 to install out of the box on my machine without a problem. Full CI/QE support.

I've tried almost every install and update package out there for 10.4.9. I need this to run Final Cut Pro 2. I got no success. The closest I got was with uphuck's 10.4.9 v.1.2 installing as SSE2, but no CI/QE support. :) When I select SSE3 there is the eternal spining gray screen.

I notice that there are several AMD users who have succeeded with upgrading. But I also notice that many have had success with a nForce chipset. I've got a VIA K8T800Pro/VT8257 Chipset on a ASUS A8V Deluxe mobo. Is this chipset not supported in any ver. in 10.4.9? Also, is there a way to get CI/QE support after a Uphuck 10.4.9 v.1.2 install?

Thanks!

QuartzExtreme and CoreImage are Video Card Features, not Motherboards

QuartzExtreme and CoreImage are Video Card Features, not Motherboards

Yes, I'm aware that they are video card features, but I'd like to know if anyone had success upgrading to 10.4.9 with a AMD Winchester 3000+ which only supports SSE2. The chipset is VIA K8T800Pro.

JaS 10.4.8 works perfectly, but I'm looking for an upgrade to run FCP.

I successfully installed Uphucks 10.4.9 ver 1.2 without QE/CI. Is there a way I can I get it the QE/CI working? Anyone with success?

Uphucks 10.4.9 ver 1.3 gets stuck at the OS selector.

Thanks!

CPU: AMD Winchester 3000+

Motherboard: ASUS A8V Deluxe (VIA K8T800Pro/VT8257 Chipset)

RAM: 2x512 Samsung DDR2 (PC2-3200), 2x1G Samsung DDR (PC2-3200)

Graphics Card: GeForce 5200

Yes, I'm aware that they are video card features, but I'd like to know if anyone had success upgrading to 10.4.9 with a AMD Winchester 3000+ which only supports SSE2. The chipset is VIA K8T800Pro.

JaS 10.4.8 works perfectly, but I'm looking for an upgrade to run FCP.

I successfully installed Uphucks 10.4.9 ver 1.2 without QE/CI. Is there a way I can I get it the QE/CI working? Anyone with success?

Uphucks 10.4.9 ver 1.3 gets stuck at the OS selector.

Thanks!

CPU: AMD Winchester 3000+

Motherboard: ASUS A8V Deluxe (VIA K8T800Pro/VT8257 Chipset)

RAM: 2x512 Samsung DDR2 (PC2-3200), 2x1G Samsung DDR (PC2-3200)

Graphics Card: GeForce 5200

Did you installed Titan or Natit from the DVD?

Yes, I followed the exact procedure as I did with JaS 10.4.8 and installed Titan on Uphuck's 1.3 and 1.4 version.

Why would it work on JaS' install but not with Uphucks'?

On my old KT880 motherboard I always had trouble with using the video drivers straight from the Uphuck DVDs since 10.4.9 kernels.

A workaround for me was to install without the video driver and than after use Diaboliks video installer for 10.4.9.

On my old KT880 motherboard I always had trouble with using the video drivers straight from the Uphuck DVDs since 10.4.9 kernels.

A workaround for me was to install without the video driver and than after use Diaboliks video installer for 10.4.9.

Thanks for the info! I'll give it a try sometime in the next two weeks and report back.