PCIe Wireless card

11 posts in this topic

Any PCIe Wireless card known to work under 10.4.9?

The HCL for 10.4.8 has a distinct lack of PCIe cards listed. There seem to be a small number of such cards on the market as it is anyway.

One I have found is the ABIT Airpace WLP-01 but I'm not too sure as to what wireless chip is used on the card.

I read somewhere (can't find it again though) that its Atheros.... not sure though (waiting on ABit to reply to enquiry).

Can anyone else suggest anything before I get a USB solution?

yes thats right I'm looking for a PCIe wireless card for my desktop. The desktop is a Dell 5150c - I think they call the case a mini BTX. Small, fairly quite - extremely hackintosh compatible but difficult to upgrade.

BTW for the record the ABit Airpace WLP-01 uses a Atheros AR2425 wireless chip. According to Technical Dept. (UNIVERSAL ABIT U.K. Company Ltd.)

No mention of this wireless chip anywhere on these forums. Googling for it hit a few entires on the ubuntu forums where I gather it is unsupported.

• 3 months later...
Any PCIe Wireless card known to work under 10.4.9?

The HCL for 10.4.8 has a distinct lack of PCIe cards listed. There seem to be a small number of such cards on the market as it is anyway.

One I have found is the ABIT Airpace WLP-01 but I'm not too sure as to what wireless chip is used on the card.

I read somewhere (can't find it again though) that its Atheros.... not sure though (waiting on ABit to reply to enquiry).

Can anyone else suggest anything before I get a USB solution?

I have installed one of these cards in my mac. It isn't recognized at all. It's PCI-e. I'll see if i can find a driver for the Atheros chipset that is mentioned later in this thread.