Broadcom BCM5752

olaeke

17 posts in this topic

I have managed to get my Broadcom BCM5752 to work! (14E4/1600)

Copy my modyfied extension into the /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins

Then run the following:

sudo -s
cd /
cd /System/Library/Extensions/
ln -s IONetworkingFamily.kext com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily.kext

rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache
rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions
kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

Reboot!

It doesn't really work 100%, MacOS crash now and then.

It seems to crash a bit less often if you go into Network, ethernet and set to "100BaseTX" and "Full Duplex/Flow control" instead of automatic.

I read about that tip from someone here on the forum, thanks, who ever it was who came up with that!

Good luck!

AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext.zip

i trried that but i get kernel panics everytime i got to a siteoh welli just hope this is not a problem with my internet or hardware and not the driverdid you get these????????ohhh welll :) Thanx i did see the impossiblemy internet workedim sorry i was such trouble

• 2 weeks later...

Running "uphuck_10.4.9_v1.4i_r2.iso" with "edited" AppleBCM5701.kext. Changed it to my card's DEV, 1600 (Nextreme 5752).

Your fix has my system not working any better than before. I have noticed the driver always work - initially. After trying to send/receive a large number of packages (>3000) network utility reports all packages as errors (even if you disconnect the network cable afterwards).

The solution must be in identifying what causes the driver to stop working, since before that its just fine, with MAC address, DHCP, the works. I have looked at grep and the logs at the time of the problem and there is NO event recorded.

Any help on keeping this issue alive is much appreciated! :)

• 2 weeks later...

D620 here as well. This is the closest i've got to getting this up and running. Have followed other examples with no luck.

Able to get the interface up, get IP through DHCP. After 2 min of any TCP/IP app, it stops working. Need to restart.

MAC address also shows correctly.

Broadcom Netxtreme 57xx 14e4 1600

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

since the kext files (and their internals -- the ones we edit) have changed in 10.5.x, how do you get this to work?

I have managed to get my Broadcom BCM5752 to work! (14E4/1600)

Copy my modyfied extension into the /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins

Then run the following:

sudo -s
cd /
cd /System/Library/Extensions/
ln -s IONetworkingFamily.kext com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily.kext

rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache
rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions
kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

Reboot!

It doesn't really work 100%, MacOS crash now and then.

It seems to crash a bit less often if you go into Network, ethernet and set to "100BaseTX" and "Full Duplex/Flow control" instead of automatic.

I read about that tip from someone here on the forum, thanks, who ever it was who came up with that!

Good luck!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have the Broadcom 440 on a Dell 9400 with a 10.5.2 Kalyway install with the same problem - after a few minutes of working off DHCP it stops picking up an IP address. This only happens on the home network (I connect directly to a Linksys Range Expander). At my university's ethernet network Im on all day without a problem. Going to try to switch from automatic to full duplex.

• 4 weeks later...