Need a "sure work" QE/CI video card and brand

omygod711

7 posts in this topic

So i am guessing my asus 6600 silencer is not going to work with QE/CI...

So i am looking for a cheap pci-e card that would able to use QE/CI with..

The cheaper the better.. i already have a window PC that I can game with, this is a separate machine so all i need is all the function of a osx would do.... and running on a 1680x1050 monitor

if you got the link to online store would even be better

Thanks a lot....

You can also check out the HCL compatible hardware page, but for cheap, moderately powerful (won't have any trouble with video intensive software like motion, fc, dvdsp and compressor) and 100% qe/ci capable,, you can't go wrong with an nVidia 7600GS. Probably not the best gaming card, but plenty good for editing. Hope this helps.

edit: I should also mention that if you're going with anything over 256mb, you will need to flash the rom on your video card to make it work with OSX. You can check out the MacVidia site for more info about that.

I have a Nvidia 6600 in my notebook (pci-e and interchangeable module..i.e card not built in but upgradeable and dedicated MXM type II/III). It has QE and CI running and Res is at 1650x1080 on my 17" display...(notebook is HD and Widescreen). I am pretty sure I also have this in my Desktop to (silent version but a 7600 I think) and it also has QE and CI running. I am pretty sure I used the Macvidia drivers...but it was a while ago I installed it all and I cant remember. They are both PCI-E based cards. I dont see why the ASUS 6600 wouldnt support QE or CI as both my Nvidia cards do!!! and both cards are nothing special. My two cents....

The cheapest fully functional QE/CI card I found was the Nvidia 7300 GT TDH 256MB from Winfast. In Germany it costs about $50. It works abolutely flawless.

WoW runs smooth and fullscreen with all options turned on on my Samsung 226BW at 1680x1050px.

So i am guessing my asus 6600 silencer is not going to work with QE/CI...

So i am looking for a cheap pci-e card that would able to use QE/CI with..

The cheaper the better.. i already have a window PC that I can game with, this is a separate machine so all i need is all the function of a osx would do.... and running on a 1680x1050 monitor

if you got the link to online store would even be better

Thanks a lot....

- my Asus EN6600 Top Silent provides hassle-free CI/QE at 1920x1200 with the Titan driver in JaS 10.4.8

Hey since you have a msi 7600gs..

would one of these two card works??

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductRevie...N82E16814127210

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814127219

same card.. but one is dual dvi and one is dvi+vga.. i am using a vga monitor so would both works??

Yes, either of those cards should work with Diabolik's Natit giving you full qe/ci/q2de and max resolution switching. My suggestion would be to get the dual dvi with a vga/dvi adapter for your current monitor situation. That way, if you decide to upgrade to 2 dvi monitors at sometime in the future, you're covered. Good luck!