Issues with booting up MacOS on VMWare

bballa99

14 posts in this topic

Okay so I recently installed MacOSX on my VMWare workstation. It was a rough installation, nothing that the [search] button wouldnt figure out(Like the 4 languaged message error.) Anyways, after that everything went fine. And like always I run into a problem, so I just go and use search, but this time it wasn't there.. Hello im new to this forum :P, but trust me, I have visited this place many times but I just registered today. Anyways heres my problem:

I boot up my OS in VMware, and it gets to the "Grey Apple Boot Screen". The little disk thing spins then hangs/freezes. If I boot it up in "-v" then it gives me this error and hangs at it:

ASPI Button driver prevents system sleep

Anyways, like I said I have been doing some searching, some things that have popped out are these "?problems?":

-The configuration file

-The video card

-The motherboard

I have also seen that someone in here said it has been fixed and to use the search button.

IF YOU USE SEARCH AND FIND IT THEN I WILL HAVE A HISSY FIT . :)  Seriously.

So thanks for your support at InsanelyMac, and ask any questions I will be glad to post it :).

bump. I need to find out how, or just get a reasonable answer. Anyone?? :D

go to C:\Virtual Machines\Freebsd(or whatever u named your virtual machine) right click on the virtual machine configuration file and open with notpad change scsi present "true" to "false" that should fix ur issue im also using vmware right now to install tuibgirls newest so pm me if u need help im pretty good at vmware really crappy at mac lol

AMD Sempron 3000+, ASrock Mobo (k8nf6g-vsta), Nforce 410, Nvidia Geforce 6 with 256 Shared DDR,

IDE: Master;80 Gig Western digital HDD; Slave DVD-RW by Liteonit corp(there is only one spot for IDE on my mobo otherwise i probably wouldnt be having issues)

SATA2; 150 GIG Western Digital HDD

I actually only have Jas 10.4.8 on Disc and im out of discs so i have to use VMware to install Tubgirls newest one because for somereason THERE IS NO BOOTING FROM THE JAS DISC ON MY PC, i dont understand why it worked on my last pc which was very similar it was an asus no sata with an AMD sempron 2500 lol.

Installed Originally on IDE tons of problems explained to me that if both DVD and HDD are on same IDE it creates issues I dunno but then I installed on my Sata Drive np installing or acessing from VMware never is. now when i reboot my Pc and try to get into OSX it sits saying IOATAcontroller blocking root device. now i read somewhere that u need to have your ide and sata connected at the same time, ok annoying but no biggie so i started all over again of coarse its a little different in vmware i had to add another hdd after in made a new virtual machine so the ide would be seen while i was installing to the sata which it did, however its still doing that IOatacontroller {censored}. Does anyone know to fix this i'm on day three of trying to get this stuff installed lol.

Attached thumbnail(s)

post-108841-1184909850_thumb.jpg

AMD Sempron 3000+, ASrock Mobo (k8nf6g-vsta), Nforce 410, Nvidia Geforce 6 with 256 Shared DDR,

IDE: Master;80 Gig Western digital HDD; Slave DVD-RW by Liteonit corp(there is only one spot for IDE on my mobo otherwise i probably wouldnt be having issues)

SATA2; 150 GIG Western Digital HDD

I actually only have Jas 10.4.8 on Disc and im out of discs so i have to use VMware to install Tubgirls newest one because for somereason THERE IS NO BOOTING FROM THE JAS DISC ON MY PC, i dont understand why it worked on my last pc which was very similar it was an asus no sata with an AMD sempron 2500 lol.

Installed Originally on IDE tons of problems explained to me that if both DVD and HDD are on same IDE it creates issues I dunno but then I installed on my Sata Drive np installing or acessing from VMware never is. now when i reboot my Pc and try to get into OSX it sits saying IOATAcontroller blocking root device. now i read somewhere that u need to have your ide and sata connected at the same time, ok annoying but no biggie so i started all over again of coarse its a little different in vmware i had to add another hdd after in made a new virtual machine so the ide would be seen while i was installing to the sata which it did, however its still doing that IOatacontroller {censored}. Does anyone know to fix this i'm on day three of trying to get this stuff installed lol.

Attached thumbnail(s)

Bump

How long do you wait before calling it dead? When I hit that line, I let it go for several minutes and eventually it sputters back to life, sometimes complaining about not finding a drive once or twice and VMWare puts up a message box about a privledged instruction. After that, it's smooth sailing.

Im seeing the same thing with my setup..

Im using "JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2", running on a core2 duo under vmware6. Have been looking around for days but cant seem to find an answer.

Ive left it at that point over night, but it doesnt progress any further.

Installation runs through perfectly, but just cant get passed the first reboot.

Noob question though - how do I boot the "-v" under VMWare ? I know how to do it during the installation, but cant seem to work out how to get to the boot options prompt during the first boot. I would love to verify if I am stopping at the "ASPI Button driver prevents system sleep" as well.