wireless 3945

8 posts in this topic

There have been soo many requests for that card it isnt even funny, I'd know because I am one of them! Be happy your Lan works. I dont even get that.... I have a compatible Sony Vaio 802.11 card but go figure I dont have PCIMA drivers so that doesnt help me much... Someone will get around to it. There is already a group on it, since its such a common card.

• 1 month later...

its an intel 3945 and there are no drivers, hey are in development but there are a lot of kinks to work out including kernel panics. just buy an atheros 5006 card (gigabyte w101GT for ex., im using it with a patch and it works awesome, chekc my posts for the file)

here is the wiki about intel wireless card drivers:

http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/

I've got 3945g and I'm expecting the final version of the drivers

at the moment i use a pluscom usb stick that i found for £6.

I've read that some people change this card for a hp card

which i don't remember the model and it is recognized as an airport.

HII>>>>

Ihave the same laptop>>

pleas> iwant drives

graphic card ,audio and ethernet

death there is a guide for this laptop and similar models here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...l=inspiron+640m

if you have intel 945gm graphics install the gma950 package on your variant hackintosh install cd i reccommend the latest version of the 1.3 branch of uphuck because i know it has those drivers also for audio look for the hda patcher page linked from the guide, the basic page driver, from gives only audio output but doesn't have mute functionality yet (mute button doesn't work or auto mute when headphones inserted doesn't work either) the first mute issue has been solved but is a fairly advanced process of sorting it be careful, still waiting on auto mute functionality,

if ethernet doesn't work straight out the box there is a solution to get it going if you have a broadcom 440x card on the guide page too,

drives should work out the box! you installed it ok and it boots doesn't it!!!