I need help with OpenSUSE

FreakyMac

8 posts in this topic

OK heres the scoop, Im having problems with OpenSUSE on my desktop, an HP s7613w Pavilion and I can't get the wireless drivers to work. I checked that the Wireless Antenna that came with it, Is from Gemtek and I did ndiswrapper, no luck, Didn't even detect it. But it Doesn't tell me What Number is the antenna. Its one of those Coaxel Cable Wireless Antenna's that go by USB. SO what should i do?

Hi EuroFreaky

Are you back home?

I am afraid I can't help you there, I have never had anything wireless.

Kanotix used to support wireless very well. Problem is, Kanotix is now virtually unmaintained. Still worth trying, though.

Kanotix used to support wireless very well. Problem is, Kanotix is now virtually unmaintained. Still worth trying, though.

Youve mentions Kanotix a couple times recently and in the past. Where you fond of it? Also how is sidux (its successor of sorts)?

@ EuroFreaky- I have a desktop PC with a wireless card in the back of it, the fact that I need this card to work to use the net is one of the main reasons I get wary about installing anything but Windows :thumbsup_anim:

Youve mentions Kanotix a couple times recently and in the past. Where you fond of it? Also how is sidux (its successor of sorts)?

I used to have a Kanotix avatar, don't you remember? As to Sidux I don't believe it is in the same class at all.

I used to have a Kanotix avatar, don't you remember? As to Sidux I don't believe it is in the same class at all.

Im pretty new (from April 07) and dont recall anything but the SUSE Chameleon :thumbsup_anim: .

SO what should i do?
Is there another computer with which you could internet connection share? Could you set up a wireless bridge and plug in via ethernet to the bridge?

Im pretty new (from April 07) and dont recall anything but the SUSE Chameleon :( .

I see :P

I replaced my Kanotix avatar with a Debian one for a very short time, but then I realized that Debian is a bit too geeky for many people.