fixing Battery status on Acer TM 3000

4 posts in this topic

Intro:

Battery status is the only thing that does NOT WORK on my Hackintosh.

Speedstep works and all the other beautiful stuff.

What I did

I installed the PowerManagment.bundle fix from this forums.

I now have a battery status icon in my tray.

And it works - lets say 20 percent of it.

It knows if a battery is plugged in or not.

It fails to calculate percentage or time !!!

I already downloaded keithpk's Source Code and hade a look in Xcode. The problem is - i dont know where to start.

Battery information works fine under linux 2.6 with a simple:

cat /proc/acpi/Battery/bat1/status

under os x 10.4.8:

uname -a
8.9.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.9.1: Sun May  6 17:37:57 UZT 2007; made by ToH:xnu-792.18.15/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

ioreg -l | grep Capacity
| |		 "IOBatteryInfo" = ({"Capacity"=0,"Amperage"=0,"Current"=0,"Voltage"=0,"Flags"=0})

So I think the problem is ACPI kext related and not Powermanagment.bundle related?! because ioreg has to show up my battery information right?

please help me. its a portable so i need a battery status!

Intro:

Battery status is the only thing that does NOT WORK on my Hackintosh.

Speedstep works and all the other beautiful stuff.

What I did

I installed the PowerManagment.bundle fix from this forums.

I now have a battery status icon in my tray.

And it works - lets say 20 percent of it.

It knows if a battery is plugged in or not.

It fails to calculate percentage or time !!!

I already downloaded keithpk's Source Code and hade a look in Xcode. The problem is - i dont know where to start.

Battery information works fine under linux 2.6 with a simple:

cat /proc/acpi/Battery/bat1/status

under os x 10.4.8:

uname -a
8.9.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.9.1: Sun May  6 17:37:57 UZT 2007; made by ToH:xnu-792.18.15/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

ioreg -l | grep Capacity
| |		 "IOBatteryInfo" = ({"Capacity"=0,"Amperage"=0,"Current"=0,"Voltage"=0,"Flags"=0})

So I think the problem is ACPI kext related and not Powermanagment.bundle related?! because ioreg has to show up my battery information right?

please help me. its a portable so i need a battery status!

Vienna,

I haven't worked on this for a long time, so I don't remember all the details, but I think you analysis is right. I believe ioreg needed to report the proper values, and the hack I made was simply to get them interpreted and displaying correctly. Therefore, I'm not sure what to suggest. It is probably a problem with the ACPI kext, like you said. But I can't remember if those sources are even available. Good luck.

I have a new Idea what can cause my kernel not to read correct battery information.

In Linux it is battery 1 that i am polling - maybe they start counting at zero and my laptop would have the possibility to have 2 batteries but i am only having the second plugged in.

So maybe I need to hack some kernel parameters to get the ioreg output to show up my bat1 !!!

any ideas? - i need help