smilem

10 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new to OSX

I try to install uphuck_10.4.9_universal_dvd_v1.3 using this computer:

ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard

120GB IDE HDD

1GB RAM

P4 3.4GHZ SSE2 supported

VIDEO card is from ASUS AX800 (ATI 256MB)

Graphics Engine - ATI Radeon X800 PRO

Video Memory - 256MB DDR

Engine Clock - 475MHz

Memory Clock - 900MHz(450MHz DDR)

RAMDAC - 400MHz

Bus Standard - AGP8X/4X/2X

Memory Interface - 256-bit DDR

Max Resolution - 2048x1536

VGA Output - Standard 15-pin D-sub

TV-out - S-Video and Composite

DVI Output - DVI-I

2nd VGA Output - Yes

Selected Packages:

10.4.9 Intel

Kernel: Intel SSE2

What do I need to select from paches etc. I get this error: file attached

post-117906-1183076761_thumb.jpg

I installed uphuck 10.4.9 successfully on my hp dv6105us. Only thing was I am still tearing google up looking for a solution to my ethernet card (Nvidia network controller)

But what you should do is what I did. Only install the specific kernel for your cpu (in my caes it was 10.4.9 AMD and AMD SSE3. THEN install everything else AFTER the install is complete (after you got OSX installed).

But the one thing I did learn (from playing around cause it took me several installs to get it right) is if you got a NVIDIA chipset, DO NOT install nvidia mobility or any nvidia kexts patches. That was the ONLY reason I was able to still use my built in keyboard and trackpad (even tho synaptics is supported). I'll post up the instructions as soon as I finish gettin the ethernet running cause I finally found something that may work.

EDIT: If your cpu is only SSE2 then only install the SSE2 kext or you might have to pick one of the universal kernels. (I hqad to do this for the vmware install)

It worked when I chose power management path but when I select about this mac, the desktop reloads like when pc boots up and nothing shows up.

I then tried universal kernel-3 and it started to work. Don't know what is the difference between universal kernel -1 -2 -3.

My video card does not work it shows 1024x768 at 60HZ and since I use CRT monitor my eys are killing me.

I tried 006 and 008 calisto drivers and agpgart 1.2lite and final version 2.2, the same can't change resolutions or refresh rate.

here what i see under my graphics card in "about this mac":

Type: Display

Bus: AGP

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x4a49

Revision ID: 0x0000

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

This is with agpgart 2.2 and 006 calisto installed from uphuck cd whe instaling the osx itself.

• 1 month later...

Tried uphuck 1.3 release and this is what I see:

I have problems with video card, can't choose resolutions or refresh rate.

Tried to use Titan and agpgart 1.2 lite, and natit 0.2 with agpgart 1.2.

osx1_1.4i.jpg

osx2_1.4i.jpg

Please tell me what drivers I need to select to make it work with my video card. Thanks.

This means your video card is supported, just not installed properly.

Look back at the package selection during installation about ATI Drivers. Look in that category and see if anything matches your graphics card. If there isn't anything that does, at this point, I just recommend picking the one closest to it if there isn't any. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, you'll need someone else to help you, as I know more about nVidia drivers in OSx86 than ATI drivers, at least in your case.

This means your video card is supported, just not installed properly.

Look back at the package selection during installation about ATI Drivers. Look in that category and see if anything matches your graphics card. If there isn't anything that does, at this point, I just recommend picking the one closest to it if there isn't any. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, you'll need someone else to help you, as I know more about nVidia drivers in OSx86 than ATI drivers, at least in your case.

do i even need agpgart? on my mb vga combination.

It depends if there are any packages that match your card during installation.

I try the latest uphuck 1.4i r3 release and this is what I can select during install. I dont see my graphics card 800XT drivers so how do I know if I need titan, natit, and what agpgart version? Or I don't need agpgart at all.

Sorry for perhaps stupid questions but I'm new to mac stuff ;)

This 1.4i r3 release however has only calisto drivers for ATI cards? The 1.3 had Titan and Natit i dont get it?

post-117906-1186774874_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I'm using MacOSX 10.4.8 with my ATI x800xt videocard. With the Callisto b008 I have the resolution change and QE/CI. You have to add your card id in the plist file from the callisto kext, you can read more about this in some other treads (see: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=21182)

I never used the AGPGart thing, although my AGP card is recognised as PCI, it doesn't matter. I know that the AGPGart version 1.1 and 1.2 are for Intel processors, the 2.1 and 2.2 for AMD.

For now, I didn't have succes with 10.4.9 and Callisto. I updated my 10.4.8 with Koolkal already, but no QE/CI anymore.

Hope it works for you with Uphuck, can you let me know?

grtz