OS X 10.4.8 Reboots to Blue Screen--Freeze

chaosmunki

1 post in this topic

First off, i would like to say thank you in advance. Also, i would like to point out that my Darwin loader from the DVD OR the HD (after installation) reboots 9/10 times when i try to load it up. During the DVD installation, pushing the side arrow usually gets it to work right away, but always with the HD it takes several times to get it to start the boot process. This is something else i also would love an answer to...so anywaz...

Ok, so i started my install (JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Int el.SSE2.SSE3 PPF1 & PPF2)on a empty SATA drive and did 1 single partition using the Disk Utility on the JAS Install disk (MAC OS Extended (Journaled). I chose only the AMD, ATI PCI E, ATI, and language drivers (I am at work, but that is all i remember). Install went by fine.

After reboot, it took several attempts to get past the Darwin loader (as stated previously). Finally, the Grey Apple splash page would appear, and then a blank blue screen, such as the desktop. I would get what i could only call pixel burts (very random and quick), then a black screen for about 2 seconds, then a static blue screen again, this time with no pixel bursts.

I have run fsck in single-user-mode. Everything checked out fine. Running in -v I got 1 error (I am at work and i don't remember), but upon looking on the forums for what it was, the feedback was the the missing (it was a file that couldn't be loaded and was finally given up on) file was unimportant. While in -v mode, it went through the loginwindow and i heard sound, like the OS had started up, but i have yet to get that result doing a normal boot. I hope i have given enough info about the problem, but am here to give more as it is needed. If you have any experience with this, please let me know! :thumbsup_anim: