Problems with dual boot please assist!

henky

9 posts in this topic

Hello

I have windows xp installed and I tried installing mac aswell (dualboot)

like this guide tells me:

http://dilnalomo.googlepages.com/xposx03

(you can guide through pages by clicking on introduction etc. in the black bar(upper)

Now I installed windows xp, than acronis os selector, which worked at firsted, then I installed MAC, but mac's bootloader replaced acronis! so now I can't boot into windows?!?

or can I,?

what do I have todo? thanks

I am not familiar with Acronis at all ( I use grub), but I believe what you have done is that you overwrote the Acronis bootloader with Darwin (osx bootloader). What I would do is search the acronis website for maybe a recovery iso (like the Super Grub Disk). That could provide help.

Or if the Acronis bootloader detects bootable partitions upon installation, I would reinstall Acronis, but ...

Not without some solid research.

Good Luck, and if all else fails download grub, install it to a seperate partition on your hard drive, read the manual and and chainload to windows bootloader and darwin.

I am not familiar with Acronis at all ( I use grub), but I believe what you have done is that you overwrote the Acronis bootloader with Darwin (osx bootloader). What I would do is search the acronis website for maybe a recovery iso (like the Super Grub Disk). That could provide help.

Or if the Acronis bootloader detects bootable partitions upon installation, I would reinstall Acronis, but ...

Not without some solid research.

Good Luck, and if all else fails download grub, install it to a seperate partition on your hard drive, read the manual and and chainload to windows bootloader and darwin.

OK, well I like you're solution way better, I like grub;)

could you please post detailed download and install instructions?

very much appriciated!

Hi henky,

first of all, just try to make your winxp partition primary partition .

than should start Acronis ...

~R

don`t know with mac

you need some bootable partition manager or similiar program,look for that mate ...

cheers

~R