Installed 10.4.8 and I need help with network and openGL

qwertycho

3 posts in this topic

I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop

P4 2.39 GHz

512 mb RAM

ATI Radeon 7500 32 mb vram

Broadcom 440x Built-In ethernet

Hey everyone! I'm a total noob to all of this, so I'm glad to see that the boards are up again. But 2 nights ago I was finally able to successfully install 10.4.8 to my Dell Inspiron 5100 notebook after 3 unsuccessful attempts. The problem with the first two attempts was that I was using an install with the bad disk utility and on the third attempt I installed all the wrong video drivers. So on the fourth try, I ended up just not installing any video drivers and it worked great. However, after rebooting so many times, my laptop battery finally decided to give out on me.

Right now I'm having trouble getting the video to work properly. I don't know how to get openGL to work. So DVD's don't work, chess doesn't work and any movie I try to play in iTunes doesn't work either. However, I did get one AVI video to work in quicktime. But to solve the other problems, I tried installing the RadeonTools.dmg and the ATI_7500_Pack.dmg and I now have more control over the resolution and refresh rate of my display, but openGL still doesn't work. Does anyone know how I could get this working? Thanks.

Any help would be very much appreciated. thanks!