Will the iphone require 10.4.10?

7 posts in this topic

I own a Cingular 8125 and it required me to have windows Xp SP2 installed to sync,update, and do anything else for that matter. Do you think apple will go the M$ way and require Mac users to have 10.4.10 installed? i know it wouldnt be a problem for legitimate Mac owners,but i dont want to risk installing 10.4.10 with a possibility that i may have to start all over again.

10.4.10 isn't hard to install if you've looked over everything in the thread in Post-Installation Discussion. Also, the reason SP2 is needed, is because if you run XP without SP2, you'll have a virus in 1 minute. Not to mention the sync feature probably needs a feature in sp2

10.4.10? = 10.4.1 - now we are on 10.4.9? do you mean 10.5?

It's Apple's software numbering. Those aren't decimals, they just indicate the revision number of the OS. 10.4.9 for example indicates that it is the ninth minor revision of the fourth major revision of the tenth version of Mac OS.

I guess apple decided it helps to be able to revise your software more than ten times without having to call it an entirely new version, or to undermine the importance of a new revision after .9 by pushing its decimal value out farther.

Besides, most people don't understand decimals, they see .10 and think "point ten".